Ensuring The Survival Of My Pending Cake

Decorating By michellesArt Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 4:09pm by michellesArt

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 3

i am asking for advice on ensuring the safe arrival of a fondant covered cake for my cousin's baby shower. it's travelling from near Toronto to London, Ontario and as i am not able to attend i am already getting anxious as i'm sure you all understand. the weather here has been very humid lately and i really want to make a nice diaper bag cake but have time to change the design if i have to. please help these cakes turn out so cute and are so fun to make i'm really looking forward to it. (it will be similar to the one in my pics only neutral). thanks so much!!

2 replies
itscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itscake Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 3

I would pack it in a styrofoam box with some ice around it...aslo make sure that you put a none skid mat under the cake and under the box...also ensure the the cake is dowelled correctly....I have frozen cakes decorated with fondant...and they thawed well...the moisture on the cake would evapourate by the time it arrived in London...Just a thought!

Good luck!

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:09pm
post #3 of 3

i wasn't sure that i could refridgerate fondant. thanks for reminding me about the matts great tip and i definately want to have some ice packs around it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%