How Long Are These Safe To Store?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 2:11pm by KayMc

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 3

I have some air dried bc flowers that I made about 3 weeks ago. Do I need to pitch them, or how long can they be stored until I have a need for them? I think that RI flowers can be kept for months until they're used, right? I want to practice, and then store whatever I can, so I have some flowers for use in the future. Thanks for your help.
PS - what about fondant flowers?

2 replies
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayMc

I have some air dried bc flowers that I made about 3 weeks ago. Do I need to pitch them, or how long can they be stored until I have a need for them? I think that RI flowers can be kept for months until they're used, right? I want to practice, and then store whatever I can, so I have some flowers for use in the future. Thanks for your help.
PS - what about fondant flowers?

No, you don't need to pitch them... they're good for a whole lot longer than 3 weeks. You can treat them the same as royal icing once they're dried (and royal practically lasts forever--think of those "Happy Birthday" letters you can buy in shrinkwrap packages). Just make sure you cover them in a container so they don't get dusty. (I'd throw them out when the color starts to fade.)

Same goes for fondant flowers, once they're dried you can store them and use them just like you would for royal or gumpaste flowers.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 3

That's good to hear! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%