How To Make Mushroom Things On Side Of Stump

Decorating By bethie_dawn Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 12:49pm by quietude

bethie_dawn Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 6

I plan to put on Stump house on a fairy cake! The stump will be made of rice cripses covered in fondant! My question is how do I go about putting the little side mushroom type things that are sticking out of the side of the one that is in the picture I am attaching! If I make it out of fondant will it not be to heavy and fall off?

5 replies
cherrycakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 6

They look pretty thin so they probably wouldn't be that heavy. I would probably make them out of gumpaste so they would really hold their shape and then I would attach them with melted chocolate wafers. HTH!

PiccoloChellie Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 6

I agree...gumpaste.

But, gosh, they really look like potato chips, don't they? The weirdo in me would completely try to use potato chips to make those. icon_lol.gif

Doug Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:44pm
post #4 of 6

or mold them with toothpicks or very thin skewers in them and then insert into the cake.

bethie_dawn Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:46pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you! I will try that cause I plan on trying to make some gum paste to make flowers so I should have some!

quietude Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:49pm
post #6 of 6

You could also place a toothpick in the stem of each mushroom, leaving some of the toothpick sticking out at the bottom. This would help to anchor the mushroom in your base or in the stump in addition to whatever form of "glue" you use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%