I am serious. I have a daughter who is sick and I need to stay at her home until she is better. I bought the CC with the extra frosting sheets.
I have planned to take the machine with me, out of town, while I stay at my daughter's house. I would like to learn how to use it as a stress reliever/a little diversion from the illness, but I have now read some blogs that the machine is a nightmare and that it takes patience ect, but that you really have to have the right gumpaste and/or fondant.
Can someone please give me 'good' links or explain simply the right way to prepare the gumpaste or fondant so that I can use the machine? Also, is it true that the frosting sheets, I purchased a bunch from HSN, tear and rip?
OMG...I am leaving in two days. Yikes!!!!!!!!!
PS: I have heard that there are hundreds of threads on this subject. I am truely sorry. If anyone helps...thank you in advance.
there are a lot but let me help you out here a bit. I've had mine for two months now and use it weekly.
For the frosting sheets the trick is to grease the matt well and smooth the sheet onto the crisco and let it sit for a few minutes. If the matt cracks when you cut it just hit stop, unload the matt, smear some more grease under it and let it sit for a few minutes to soak up the grease.
I use MMF mixed with tylose...2 TBS per 1 cup of MMF...rolled out thin as a dime on the greased matt and left to dry overnight. I havent had any issues doing it this way. Just roll out a couple of matts at a time.
Last tip..fonts no smaller than 1 inch and intricate cuts no smaller than 3 inches.
Hope this helps!
Thank you soooooo very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I use the wilton fondant, roll it thin (I use a pasta roller) and place on greased mat. Let it sit 10 minutes or so before cutting and have had no problems. Cutting very small letters or objects doesn't work very well.
Gum paste made wiht tylose is the best, or mix it with hand made fondant. But I don't let it dry. I cut it right away. I think it depends on the humidity, it's very dry here, so if I let the gumpaste (or gp/fondant mix) to sit for a while, it dries rather fast...