White Cookies Or Candies For Sides Of Cake??

Decorating By beagledog100 Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm by beagledog100

beagledog100 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:36am
post #1 of 4

I need to cover the sides of a 1/2 sheet cake with white cookies or candies. I am hoping to achieve the look of a barrel cake (sort of). Here's a link to a barrel cake posted by Amyfruity (I hope it's ok that I am showing someone else's photo to help explain).

Do any of you have suggestions of white cookies or candies that I can use to achieve the same results? I know that there are white Kit-Kats, but I'm worried about how many I will have to purchase to go around the entire cake. Since the sheet cake will probably only be about 2-3" tall, the candies/cookies don't need to be too long.

Any suggestions?

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:53am
post #2 of 4

Oooo, here's an idea... how about white Tootsie Rolls? They make those really long ones and they are scored every 1/2 inch or so. There would be less waste than cutting KitKats since you only need to cover the sides of your shorter cake. (waste or not, you get to eat the leftovers!)

PiccoloChellie Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:09am
post #3 of 4

What about Pirouette cookies? I'm dying to make a candy barrel cake using those! You could gently cut them in half or thirds with a serrated knife.

beagledog100 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 4

I like the tootsie roll and the pirouette cookie ideas. I think the cookies would be taste great with the buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%