Your All Time Favorite Tools!

Decorating By MandaBrizown Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 10:36am by travmand

MandaBrizown Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:02am
post #1 of 9

Someone asked me the other day what my favorite tools to use where. First, I thought maybe I shouldn't say cause they might try to steal them. icon_mad.gif Anyway, after much consideration my top three must haves paint roller for smoothing out buttercream. Never caught on to the Viva paper towel method. My kitchen aid mixer. Its a life saver! And of course my airbrush machine. If i can airbrush every cake I do! Most of the time I don't even waste the time coloring fondant to cover cakes. I just cover them in white then airbrush them the color I need. Save tons of $ on fondant. I don't have to throw away all that excess "teal" or "lavender" fondant. My honorable mention would have to be Baker's Joy spray. I love it. Never had a cake stick with that stuff. So what about you what is your favorite must have decorating tool?

8 replies
mamawrobin Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:09am
post #2 of 9

Makins Ultimate Clay Extruder with extra disk. Both of my Wilton fondant smoothers. 26" PVC pipe rolling pin (less than $3.00). My stand mixer it's a Sunbeam but hey it makes my buttercream and my fondant so I cannot complain icon_lol.gif . Gloves...I cannot stand for my hands to get sticky. I go through a box of 100 every week. Vinyl mat and the 100's of cutters that I have just to name a few of the "tools" that I don't want to be without.

crystal18_corpus Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 9

I Would have to say my Kitchen Aid mixer, my turn table I use it both for my icing and displaying the cake, also I love my foam roller best invention ever icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 9

My hot knife for cutting foam core.
My non-stick pizza cutter for cutting fondant around tiers.
My PME mini cutting wheels for those tight/small things.
My memory foam under the cake box for transporting the cake in the car.
My 2 gallon zip loc bags and flexible chopping boards that I use to keep pre-cut fondant pieces flexible.
My Bettercreme for making shelf stable mock mousse fillings.

mamawrobin Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:56am
post #5 of 9
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

My Bettercreme for making shelf stable mock mousse fillings.

Great why didn't I think of doing that? icon_confused.gif

Rylan Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:15am
post #6 of 9

Bench scraper for smoothing and icing.
Ikea lazy susan as a turn table.
Big aluminum rolling pin.
Ribbon cutter.

Without these, I can never make a cake.

tinygoose Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:39am
post #7 of 9

Agbay, off set ateco spatuas, fat daddy turn table, KA, Dresden tool, ball tool, cel pad, and my thumbs.

travmand Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 10:36am
post #9 of 9

My favorite ..... CakeCentral icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%