Lunch With Indydebi!!!

Decorating By anasazi17 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:40am by luckylibra

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 61

A while back I was boohooing because I didn't have a single cake friend to talk to, lean on, or as questions to. I was in need of a mentor or some really good cake friends! Well, I found some!

Today Stella2010, Emrldsky,Cfao, and myself met for lunch with Indydebi! It was wonderful to get to meet (in-person) fellow CCr's, and hear some pretty darn good wisdom from Debi. Being able to have Debi tell us something in her best Paula Deen voice in person was DYN-O-MITE!

Yahoo! This was great, I can't wait to meet up again. If you weren't able to make it, you should come next time for sure!! Cfao came all the way from Templeton, MA just to have lunch with us! (ok, well maybe her son was in a bowling tournament in Indy and it just worked out..but still!)

Thanks ladies...I had a great time meeting all of you & I hope we can make this a bi-monthly/quarterly situation icon_smile.gif

Oh, emrldsky & indydebi please don't judge my writing skills, I am feeling a little intimidated by you two. Remember I went to school to be an archaeologist!!

60 replies
divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 61

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!! The first day I found this wonderful website I could tell Indydebi had a great presence here, I have learned so much already and I think it would be awesome to get to know her personally, even in her posts she has a spunk to her that I love. Glad you had a great time, I wish I could meet some fellow (nice) obsessed CCers in Utah! icon_biggrin.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 61

That's great! I'd love to meet up with some CC members in Monmouth/Ocean/Middlesex county area in NJ. PM me icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 61

Am jealous too. icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 61

Here's a photo of all of us. We had a great waiter, who played photographer for us and let us sit at the table for HOURS! (He got a very nice tip!)

Front is anasazi17 and Emrldsky. back is cfao, debi, and Stella2010.

It was a great group .... from hobby to new biz to long term biz folks! Which meant great conversation and insight from all aspects of caking!

It was really great to have cfao join us while she was in town; a real treat for all of us!

I'm definitely up to make this a regular thing. EXTREME thanks to anasazi17 for getting the ball rolling. Hate to say I'm glad you were feeling boo-hooey but that's how this all started, so it's a GOOD thing!!! thumbs_up.gif
LL

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 61

Oooooo.... If anyone visits the Anchorage area, let me know!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:33pm
post #7 of 61

Looks like a wonderful time had by all! Jealous.....

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm
post #8 of 61

I made it home safe and sound! I actually made it home around 5:30, but I was checking out our new stove and DH wanted to start on dinner.

And Jenny, don't worry about your writing. icon_smile.gif I don't critique unless I can't read it, understand it or I'm at work. icon_wink.gif

I had a total blast and sooo glad I made the trip (and took a day off work to do so). What a wonderful blessing to spend time with so much experience and new ideas!!

I'm definitely anticipating future meet-ups.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:44pm
post #9 of 61

I keep saying to my parents,darn you why didn't you move to America when us kids where young!! Wish I lived there, you have sooo much more cool cake stuff and people than the UK. We're catching up... slowly!

LEHLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LEHLA Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 61

WOW, VERY JEALOUS WOULD LOVE TO MEET INDYDEBI SHE MY IDOL ON HERE!!! lol icon_smile.gif

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:11pm
post #11 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakedAlaska

Oooooo.... If anyone visits the Anchorage area, let me know!

I used to live in Alaska, and plan to visit within the next year. If I do, I will PM you and we will get together for lunch and talk cake! I would love to go eat at The Crow's Nest again- mmm yummy! BTW, I have seen your business name before and I love it! It only works in Alaska though. I know Alaska can feel lonely sometimes, at least for me- it seemed like everyone forgot me when I moved there. Happy Caking! icon_smile.gif ~Rachel

Rachel5370 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachel5370 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:14pm
post #12 of 61

And, Idydebi- you have a very generous spirit and so much to give. I don't know how you do it. ~Rachel

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 61

Very nice! Awesome picture! Beautiful people!

Can I join next time? Or is this an all girl thing? Hahaha.

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:21pm
post #14 of 61

your lucky to have lunch with indy-

Indy-

Wish I could meet you. You are a wonderful contributor to cc and cake world. I enjoy your articles in the cc magazines -very informative.

You are also multi talented too.

indydebi Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 61

Rylan, I look for ANY excuse to get to Vegas!!!!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:28pm
post #16 of 61

I'm jealous...but I'm so glad that you guys had such a great time...good picture too. I'm betting the waiter won't forget you guys anytime soon icon_lol.gif

I am going to get to Little Rock soon and meet Tracy. There are several members on here from Arkansas and I would love to meet all of you. thumbs_up.gif

I can so see myself making a trip to Indy...to see Indy..... icon_lol.gif THAT would be awesome.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:43pm
post #17 of 61

sounds like it was a great time and everyone here is very jealous right now! icon_smile.gif but in a good way! thumbs_up.gif
Jodi icon_smile.gif

marisanovy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marisanovy Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:44pm
post #18 of 61

Hey!! Looks like you guys had a great time. icon_smile.gif

I don't live too far from Indy; maybe next time you get together I can come?! I would be delighted to meet you all in person and pick more on your brains!

Please, let me know!!!!

icon_smile.gif

anasazi17 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:02am
post #19 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Very nice! Awesome picture! Beautiful people!

Can I join next time? Or is this an all girl thing? Hahaha.

I am up for Vegas too!! icon_wink.gif

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:45am
post #20 of 61

Boo-hoo, boo-hoo, so sorry I missed it, was trying to keep checking for post never seen any. Anyhow so glad you guys had a great time. If invites are still open PLEASE keep me posted. icon_cry.gif

MzPinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MzPinkie Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:59am
post #21 of 61

Its only 3 hours to Indy from Columbus, I could totally make the drive!!! I hope you guys had a blast.

anasazi17 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:08am
post #22 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamacres

Boo-hoo, boo-hoo, so sorry I missed it, was trying to keep checking for post never seen any. Anyhow so glad you guys had a great time. If invites are still open PLEASE keep me posted. icon_cry.gif

Oh Goodness! I tried to catch every body! I just wrote down your handle...I will for sure contact you for the next meet-up.

I feel like I already want to plan another, maybe in the early Fall!!!

sweetkake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetkake Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:26am
post #23 of 61

I didn't know about it or I would have been there too. Indydebi and I have met on one of my trips to see my son and his family in Indy. She's and absolute joy to be around. A wealth of information and a genuine gregarious soul. My husband and I had a really good time. Debi, you rock!

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:44am
post #24 of 61

Anybody say "groupie", I do, want to be president of IndyDeb's fanclub. Ha, ha, IndyDeb do you feel like a rockstar?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #25 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Rylan, I look for ANY excuse to get to Vegas!!!!

WE SHOULD SO HAVE A CC CONVENTION IN VEGAS!!!!! AND YES I'M SHOUTING BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

ok, that's passed. But really, it would be so fun. I just went to Vegas for the first time last month and it was sooooo much fun!

Stella2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stella2010 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:28am
post #26 of 61

It was sooooo great to meet everyone today! I had a great time and learned tons (and have tons more to learn). I'm looking forward to meeting again in a few weeks.

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 6:21am
post #27 of 61

Hahaha definitely. I'll invite you girls/guys over for dinner.

I agree with the CC convention. I think Vegas is the best spot--lots of entertainment for everyone.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 6:28am
post #28 of 61

I'm up for Vegas...have friends who live there so all it would cost me is the dollars to get there! However, my sister lives in central OH so I may get to meet IndyDebi someday...not too far of a drive from there, right?

Cat

ps...just went to mapquest and it's a tad over 5 hours from my sisters to Indy! LOL! SO doable!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:40am
post #29 of 61

Indy - would ever consider coming to Central Ohio? We have a cake club that meets once a month, it would be AWESOME to have you as a guest there!

indydebi Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:43am
post #30 of 61

Heck yeah I'll travel!!! It's part of the fun of being semi-retired!!!

catlharper, where is your sister located? My hometown is Richmond, IND, which is right on the Indiana/Ohio state line, so we could even split the difference!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%