Edible Image/frosting Sheet Circles...how Do I Print Them???

Decorating By justme14 Updated 12 Jun 2014 , 3:25pm by icingimages

justme14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme14 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 7

I recently got some 1.25 inch and 3 inch frosting sheets from photofrost to use on some cookies and chocolates etc. But my question is how do you print on the circles rather than just a solid 8x10 sheet?
I tried using the free software from edible artist but since it is from the UK and their paper sizes are different I can't get the circle images to match up with my circles on the paper when they print out. I even tried to do a custom sheet and entered in the margin measurements and the size of my circles on the page but I still can't get it to work.
Does anybody know how I can create circle images and print out sheets onto my pages of icing sheet circles???? I'm totally lost.

6 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 7

PF should have a program that they sell. Did they tell you how to print on them? Edible artist wont work as theirs is preset to their icing sheets. Photo express works with the 3" circles, I am unsure as to what they are using for the 1.25". I have instructions for photo express. It is by ULead which is now owned by Corel.

We are testing a new program for our circles that could be adapted to their sheets. I will try to finish the testing this week. PM me by the end of the week to see where I am and I can send you the information on it. What I like about it is that it allows you to print different pictures on the same sheet. I am sure we pull the instructions together for you so you can use it on the PF sheets.

justme14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme14 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 7

I did purchase the "icing sheets template" cd from them but it doesn't do anything. So when I tried to copy one of the circle templates into word then when I tried to print them they weren't even the same size as the icing circles andd they wouldnt line up. I can't do anything on the actual template it's just a jpeg file and does nothing.
any help would be greatly appreciated. It's just frustrating knowingly that people do print on these circles but I just can't get anything to work. If you have software and icing sheets that work together then I would gladly switch

icingimages Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:47am
post #4 of 7

email me a copy of the file they sent, maybe I can figure out what they are doing so that you can at least use what you purchased. I just went to their website, I hadnt been there for a while and could not make heads or tails out of what you may have purchased. If you email me the file, maybe I can figure it out, if not, I am hoping to have the directions for this new software available and then perhaps I can help you customize it for what you have. Though I would love to have you as a customer, I hate to see waste and would like to see if we can figure out a way for you to use them.

malakainrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malakainrop Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 9:25pm
post #5 of 7

You can download FREE software from Edible Artist

http://www.deco.uk.com/

Afternoon Baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afternoon Baker Posted 11 Jun 2014 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 7

AI am having the same problem with photo frost! They also just sent me a JPEG which is useless unless I have photoshop or other. [@]icingimages[/@] if anybody can help me here?? I have emailed the USA support and they really just fobbed me off. I also tried to make my own template but am still having an enormous amount of difficulty getting the circles to line up

icingimages Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

Yes, we can help you. We have new template designer sheets that work with any brand of icing sheet.  So whether you purchase from us or photofrost, you can purchase this, I think its $10 for use on any sheet.  The Edible artist program only works on KK sheets or their equivalent brand in the UK.  Please call us if you need us. 540 869 5511

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%