Easy Recipe For Making Fairy's And Figures

Baking By bethie_dawn Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 3:26pm by mbark

bethie_dawn Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:23pm
post #1 of 7

I am making some fairy's for my moms birthday cake! I was wondering what I should make them out of! I have powder sugar, light corn syrup, crisco shorting and Meringue Powder! I had planned on making fondant but have no marshmallows! The faires are not going to be eaten so the taste is not a big deal! Also what would a recipe be that would be good for flowers! I know sugar paste but I do not think I have all the ingredients! Thanks so much for the help!

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:16pm
post #2 of 7

You would need to make fondant and add a hardener to it (gum-tex, tylose, CMC, gum trag) or gumpaste.

Or buy premade.

The only way you could make it out of buttercream (which is what it sounds like you have the stuff for) if is you wanted a flat or maybe even a 2d effect.

bethie_dawn Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:16am
post #3 of 7

yeah I had planned on making the fariys out of fondant and the flowers out of gum paste but I realized I didnt have the marshmallows or all the stuff for the gum paste, which I never have made before! I guess I will have to make a store run tomorrow since I can not seem to find a recipe for either one with my supplies lol

mbark Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 7

why are you ending every sentence with an exclamation point?

I use Wilton fondant, it firms up fine for figures w/nothing added

bethie_dawn Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:49am
post #5 of 7

I don't know why it is a big deal but I just have always used the exclamation point! It is just a habit now! Maybe it is because it is in a easier place on my keyboard! Heck it has more personally than a boring period anyways.
Yeah I made MMF my first time and used Wilton after that but I am not working now and figure I can get by cheaper making my own. I also think it is fun cooking! I think I may have found a fondant recipe where I need to buy unflavored gelatin and I already have the Glycerin it called for! not sure though about the gum paste or sugar paste that everyone says I need to do the flowers!

sherrycanary62 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 7

I am a fan of the exclamation mark as well...it think it livens up language!!!

mbark Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 7

it definitely has it's place but looks like shouting sometimes.
did ya ever see the Seinfeld where Elaine breaks up with her boyfriend & gets in trouble at work all due to an exclamation point?

Quote by @%username% on %date%