Daisies & Fairies

Decorating By Tclanton Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm by Tclanton

Tclanton Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 8

Hello everyone! I have a request for Daisies and Fairies - any ideas. Favorite color is purple. Thanks in advance.

7 replies
Tclanton Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks for the idea. I believe I will purchase a topper for this cake. I do not have a lot of sculpting experience, so this may be the better idea.

Thanks again!

7yyrt Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 8

HA - don't feel bad, I couldn't do it either; but wouldn't it make a great one?

Perhaps you can make the cake a garden or a meadow as a setting for the topper?

Tclanton Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 8

Thats a great idea - she loves daisies, so I plan to put the small daisies and very tiny flowers out of fondant on the cake. What else would you suggest? This is the topper that I think I will purchase - let me know what you think.

Tclanton Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 8

Oh shoot, it isnt all there, I will send a message to you with the link.

7yyrt Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:48pm
post #7 of 8

Midnight Dream, huh...
The background might be in the moonlight, so blues and purples with the daisies shining like stars?
She has sparkles on her wingtips, so you might want to put sanding sugar or cake sparkles around to match.
Ice it in purple, and make stripes with the daisies?
Here's a (naked) fairy in a moonlit garden, it's a little too dark for your figure though. - http://fineartamerica.com/featured/midnight-dream-carol-phillips.html
Some cakes from CC that may spark ideas -
Moving away from a straight garden, you could pick up the shapes on her clothing like this one (and still add the little daisies). http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1606609.html
I hope I didn't give you too many ideas - that's my problem; I have so many ideas, and so many people around me on a diet.

Tclanton Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:06pm
post #8 of 8

LOL - diet - know your frustration!!

No, never too many ideas at all - keep em coming!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%