Baby Shower Farvor Ideas Needed Please

Decorating By adamsmom Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 5:00pm by cakecraft

adamsmom Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:32pm
post #1 of 7

So I was asked to do the cake for a baby shower coming up on Aug. 1st. They also would like me to do the favors and wanted ideas from me. Aside from the usual m&m's I could only think of dipped chocolate pretzels. I would be making them and I also have ~100 cupcakes to make for that weekend also. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Oh, and it's for a boy, I didn't mention that. icon_lol.gif

6 replies
therese379 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 7

hi adamsmon, I just did a baby shower cake for my neice, for favours I made chocolate suckers that read... "it's a boy" and I made chocolate truffles and drizzled them in blue chocolate melts. Each person took home 2 truffles in a plastic toy block(dollar store) and the mom to be took home a box with 2 dozen to enjoy.. hope this helps. therese

yummy Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:40pm
post #3 of 7

Onsie cookies with fondant onsie cutout on top in bag with ribbon ties. The pretzel are a good idea, dipped in candy melts in the shower colors.

kger Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:30am
post #4 of 7

I would do cookies or cake pops for favors. What's the shower theme?

kger Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:31am
post #5 of 7

I would do cookies or cake pops for favors. What's the shower theme?

adamsmom Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:18pm
post #6 of 7

The shower theme is the blue buggy (antique looking). It's being thrown by Aunts of the mother to be, so it's a bit old fashioned. I talked to the one Aunt yesterday and she seemed to like the pretzel idea. I would have mentioned the cookies, however, I also have a farmer's market to prepare for and I work full time. Also, she wouldn't have paid what it would cost for the cookies unfortunately. Thanks for the input!

cakecraft Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 7

I think the pretzels are cute. You can also do chocolate dipped marshamallows on lollipop sticks, or choc dipped rice krispie treats (one batch makes LOADS, cause they are cut into fingers) Baggged and tied like the pretzel rods, they look nice and are a bit different. Or, there is always chocolate dipped coffee spoons. I read your other post, don't stress out too much over this one icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%