Strawberry Wedding Cake?

Decorating By cake_and_dance Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm by cake_and_dance

cake_and_dance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_and_dance Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a wedding cake for a friend (my first wedding cake!). My only guidelines from her: she wants strawberry incorporated into the cake somehow and does not want it covered in fondant.

I would like to make a white cake with some sort of strawberry filling. I was thinking a whipped cream frosting would go best for a strawberry cake but I know that is not very practical since the cake will be sitting out for hours. Any tips or suggestions on cakes, fillings, and espcecially frostings would be much appreciated! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 5

There is a wedding crusting cream cheese buttercream on this website.

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:41pm
post #3 of 5

I usually do a vanilla cake with fresh sliced strawberries...I spread a little of the frostin pride down before I put the strawberries... I always use buttercream frosting but I use whipping cream instead of milk and I always get great reviews.

Hope this helps you...

brett9008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brett9008 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 5

Well....to be easy, and delicious. I use a strawberry cake mix and add a box of strawberry jello into the mix. Smells and tastes wonderful, and i use buttercream frosting. The strawberry is so flavorful and moist, that people think the icing is flavored with strawberry too. YUMMY....good luck.

cake_and_dance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_and_dance Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:14pm
post #5 of 5

thank you all for your suggestions! I appreciate it! If I went with a cream cheese frosting, or the crusting cream cheese frosting posted on this site, how long could I let the cake sit out? I know there are alot of questions on this, but I haven't yet found a definite answer.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%