Using Gumpaste Mix As A "stretchy" Royal Icing

Decorating By jjpow Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 2:38am by jjpow

jjpow Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 5

I read a thread on here earlier, and also posted this same question, but got no response. icon_sad.gif I have to make my first wedding cake in August, which requires a somewhat big amount of piping. I wanted to make sure this cake was perfect and thought that "stretchy" icing would be a great way to make my piping nad then lay it on the covered cake. I read on an earlier thread that you could use a type of gumpaste mix and add hot water, and you get a royal icing that dries stretchy the next day. I think the brand they mentioned was Kitchen something, but where I live I have not been able to find it. Do you know if this works with any other brands? Please help!

4 replies
Rusti Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 5

I believe the brand was Bakerskitchen, the recipe is on the web site.

jjpow Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:24am
post #3 of 5

Do you know where on the website i could find it? the problem is even if i do find that recipe..i cant find that brand where im from.

Texas_Rose Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:31am
post #4 of 5

Do you mean Sugarveil? It's a mix that you can buy different places...the cake decorating supply shop in my city has it, you might check your local supply shops or order it.

What kind of piping do you have to do? It might be easier just to buy a cake dummy and practice on it a bit, then do the piping directly onto the cake.

jjpow Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

No, it is not sugerveil. They said it was a gumpaste mix that they added hot water to. I am just going to buy some mixes and experiment. lol. thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%