Pls Help Identify

Decorating By bobhope Updated 13 Jul 2010 , 2:57am by bobhope

bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:50pm
post #1 of 7

other flowers/items on this cake here..i've only done roses,daisies,sunflowers,calla lilies & vanda orchids so far..bride wants to duplicate the decors here for her own wedding cake next month..i know there are pears??..the white ones are pansies ??....proper identification would help me find instructions on how to do them..thanks so much for any help icon_smile.gif

http://www.flickr.com/photos/batch80pilgrim/4786253589/

6 replies
bobhope Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm
post #2 of 7

i just realized the white ones are not pansies icon_redface.gif

they're called stephanotis ??

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #3 of 7

I'm not a flower guru, but the white ones look like apple blossoms....but I don't know if they are usually white. Hope you get your answers you need!

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 7

they look sorta like apple blossoms to me.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:21pm
post #5 of 7

Agree. They are apple blossoms - five small regular petals. They often have a slight pink blush to them, but this is decorating. You can make them pure white if you want.

It looks like if you break it down, you have berries in three or so colors of purple. Just the apple blossoms and buds. Two different shapes of leaves. And two different types of fruit.

There is an odd item I can't exactly identify. The pastel peachy item that hangs off the second tier on the left side and on the top tier center and to the right. Is it a closed tulip or a chinese lantern?

Vkandis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vkandis Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:38pm
post #6 of 7

Hard to tell because the image is small. However based on what the decoration looks like and comparing it to examples of flowers from a decorating guide they look like Forget Me Nots. This is based not on trying to identify the flower but rather the flower template used for the decoration.

If you look at the template for Forget-Me-Nots they are 5 petals with a single dot in the center--this is what the flower in the image looks like. Forget-Me-Nots can be blue, white, or pink. They also do look like Apple Blossoms but the center for Apple Blossoms is 5 dots.

No matter what the actual flower is it looks like a simple 5 petal flower using tip 101 or 101s and probably tip 1 for the center.

bobhope Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #7 of 7

thank you all for your input..appreciate them much...i guess, apple blossom it is icon_smile.gif

i have another question thoug, when you bunch them together (like the small bulb looking ones here) to form into a branch, what do i use, floral tape?..is it ok for it to have a direct contact on the cake?..thanks again

bobbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%