How To Avoid Fondant Pulling Off Icing When Serving

Decorating By Katiwren Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 5:04pm by BlakesCakes

Katiwren Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all. Just a question- Say you put fondant on a cake and serve it. Some people dont like the fondant, so they pull theirs off- does the icing come off too? Mine does, and I'd really like for it not to since most people don't like fondant. How can you avoid this (if you even CAN avoid this?)

3 replies
TexasSugar Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 4

If people don't want to eat fondant I don't suggest they pull it off, but rather just eat around it. Because the fondant sticks to the buttercream when you pull it off it will come off with it, just the nature of it. If you put anything between them to keep them from sticking you'd have other issues like sagging fondant that doesn't want to stay where you put it.

mayo2222 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with TexasSugar...its really just the nature of the beast. I wouldn't worry about it because if people to peel of the fondant and lose some buttercream they will A. probably not miss it or B. be smart enough to scrape it off the fondant and eat it with the cake.

BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:04pm
post #4 of 4
Originally Posted by mayo2222

...... be smart enough to scrape it off the fondant and eat it with the cake.

I agree. If they can't figure that out, then they shouldn't be allowed around sharp utensils like forks and knives, anyway icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%