What Do You Do With All That Fondant?

Decorating By bakinghelper Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 3:33pm by Larkin121

bakinghelper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinghelper Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:39am
post #1 of 6

When I make cakes, my friends and clients prefer a light icing. Fondant is so sweet, even the really good recipe on this site. So I was wondering since many people appear to use fondant, what do you do with it? do you just cut the cake and allow people to remove it if they prefer? Do you remove it "in the back"?

Thanks

5 replies
londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 10:52am
post #2 of 6

I would definately let them remove it themselves. If you were to remove it out the back it would look a bit horrible and not neat icon_wink.gif

I'm not a lover of fondant, I eat a little bit then pick the rest off and OH eats it icon_wink.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 11:34am
post #3 of 6

They eat it if they're going to, leave it on the plate if they're not. I usually flavor my fondant and it gets eaten.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #4 of 6

duplicate post icon_redface.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 6

I make Michele Foster's fondant and it always gets eaten. Not all fondant taste bad. thumbs_up.gif To answer your question...just let them remove it themselves and leave it on the plate if they don't want it. I'd never "remove it in the back".

Larkin121 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Larkin121 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:33pm
post #6 of 6

I don't think it's the flavor as much as the texture for a lot of people. Many of my friends eat the fondant on my cakes, but my grandparents and some other family members just leave it on the plate. They all agree it tastes just fine but they can't stand the texture. Fair enough! But yes, let them leave it on the plate. It's no different from people who are not a fan of sweet icing and leave a bunch of it on the plate after getting a piece of sheet cake from the grocery store!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%