Bakery Bunch- And New Cake Shows

Lounge By quilting2011 Updated 27 Jul 2010 , 10:47am by costumeczar

quilting2011 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:17am
post #1 of 12

Has anyone watched the show the Bakery Bunch on TLC? So many cake shows.

11 replies
CWR41 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:45am
post #2 of 12

I DVR'd it, but I'll have to watch it tomorrow. Also, Kid in a Candy Store... listened to it, but didn't watch most of it.

KKC Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 1:25am
post #3 of 12

I watched it today, I love her work...but her husband seems a bit annoying for my taste (or it could be my pregnancy hormones) icon_sad.gif I know i cringed when i saw how her dad had that beautiful cake almost on the edge of the cart he was rolling. I was so sure he was going to hit a hump and the cake would go flying.

Rylan Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:25am
post #4 of 12

I'm not sure if it is only me but I'm quite disappointed that too many cake shows are popping up--I think there is going to be so much that it seems like 3 years from now, they would all be gone. Haha.

But other than that, I do enjoy watching them though. Can't wait to watch the new ones.

kansaslaura Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 12

I agree with everything said here... Tooo many, husband annoying--

Did it strike anyone besides me strange that she suggested all those mini cakes for the bride, then had no idea how to execute it? .. I HOPE I have enough ribbion.. don't know how to keep it on the cake.. NO idea it would take this long.. geeze! I would have thought that would have been all figured out BEFORE she suggested it. Wonder what she charged for them considering she obviously had no idea what she was in for! I think I heard at the end of the show something about 40 hours of employee overtime...

Zamode Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 4:43am
post #6 of 12

I agree as well, maybe an overload, or at least an overload of "non-quality" shows. I don't expect a nothing-but-baking show but I don't want 98% drama, either. I didn't have much interest in this one thus far. . . .a bit boring. I agree with kansaslaura about the mini cakes, too!

CakesByLJ Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 2:11pm
post #7 of 12

kansaslaura.... I was in shock when I saw her setting up the display, and holding those cakes with her bare hands...... icon_surprised.gif no gloves. They seem a bit inexperienced to me.. icon_redface.gif

luvmysmoother Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 8:41pm
post #8 of 12

I thought the show was ok (just saw one show - with the minicakes, blingy wedding cake) I won't be able to watch the show in the future unless they get the woman to stop bugging her eyes out at the camera when she's talking thoughicon_smile.gif

LindaF144a Posted 15 Jul 2010 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

kansaslaura.... I was in shock when I saw her setting up the display, and holding those cakes with her bare hands...... icon_surprised.gif no gloves. They seem a bit inexperienced to me.. icon_redface.gif

That's the law in CA, they don't require gloves.
I know, I'm from NY where you saw people working in the food industry all the time wearing them. Then we move to CA and go to a high end pizza place where they make the food in front you. The guy making the pizzas was not wearing gloves. icon_eek.gif All I could was watch in disbelief.

They also do not require you to put anything on your feet before you try on shoes either, but that is not related to cakes. icon_lol.gif

costumeczar Posted 26 Jul 2010 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 12

I find the no-socks thing worse than the no-gloves, but I have an anti-foot fetish.

Gloves don't do a thing to keep your food clean. Clean hands are just as good. I've seen people wearing gloves working at fast food palces go from the cutting board to the cash register and back to packaging things without changing the gloves. If you don't change the gloves, they serve no purpose other than to make people think that they serve a purpose.

Just wash your hands all the time, it works as well as wearing gloves, and better if you know when and how to wash them.

dguerrant Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 4:59am
post #11 of 12

what about the dc cupcake show? i got a little annoyed with their 'signature swirl' they kept harping about. also, with 62 favors, how can you execute 62 different flavors and do them exceptionally well? that's more flavors than items on a restraunt's menu.

ugggg. i cannot get over the 'signiture swirl', good grief that's in the remedial frosting class not even frosting 101.

oooh yeah,why would you agree to make a rkt scupture for a last minute order anyways, especially if you have never don it before, then to not even consider how to get it out of the shop when it was done.

costumeczar Posted 27 Jul 2010 , 10:47am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by dianaguerrant

what about the dc cupcake show? i got a little annoyed with their 'signature swirl' they kept harping about. .

That show is just boring. Also, the "signature swirl" is just a piped circle, right? No technical ability needed. My gripe with that show is the trays upon trays of cupcakes that look like little boobs they trot out. Plain top and a dot in the middle? It's nipple time! I watched it twice and that was it for me. There are too many bakery shows on now anyway.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%