Toy Story Challenge Cake

Decorating By layersofcakes Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 3:04pm by K8sMom

layersofcakes Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 10:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone...
I've had a request for a Toystory cake and the customer wants the cake to be the Buzz Lightyear spaceship, approx 23" tall (his request) and wants all of the toystory characters done in fondant to go around the cake. It's going to be a huge challenge and I'm really looking forward to doing it, but I wanted to get advice as to the support structure of this cake. I figure I will have to buy a strong base with using at the very least pvc pipe for support, not sure that I shouldn't use two, but I'd like to get yall's input. Thanks so much! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
FullHouse Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 5

Hmmm, Disney is VERY protective of their copyright. I've read of instances on here where small time cakers were penalized for sellin gcakes with Disney characters, would hate for you to be one of them. I would suggest you redesign your cake to be a generic spaceship and have your customer add purchased figurines once the cake is in his possesion.

That said, I'm interested to see what some of the pro's on here have as far as advice for support in an almost 2 foot tall space ship cake icon_smile.gif. Good luck and be sure to post pics when your done.

layersofcakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:20am
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

Hmmm, Disney is VERY protective of their copyright. I've read of instances on here where small time cakers were penalized for sellin gcakes with Disney characters, would hate for you to be one of them. I would suggest you redesign your cake to be a generic spaceship and have your customer add purchased figurines once the cake is in his possesion.

That said, I'm interested to see what some of the pro's on here have as far as advice for support in an almost 2 foot tall space ship cake icon_smile.gif. Good luck and be sure to post pics when your done.

Thanks... I'll keep that in mind. icon_smile.gif
I would appreciate advice from the "pro's" as to the best support that would be best for this type of cake. Anyone?

layersofcakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 5

Hmmm... Ok then... Hopefully I'll get answers at a couple of the other sites.

K8sMom Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks alot, I never really thought of that.. I just didnt think it would hurt at a birthday party, but you never know icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%