Wilton Cake Pans

Baking By summie1 Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm by JaeRodriguez

summie1 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 6

I've had trouble baking cakes in all of Wiltons cake pans. They are heavy and dark metal compared to the normal pans I use. Am I supposed to turn down the time from 350 to 325 and just bake longer? I do that and still have problems. My cakes in Wilton pans always cook on the sides, and are raw from the centers. I've stopped using Wilton pans because of this.

5 replies
mamawrobin Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 6

I don't have any issues with my Wilton pans...except that the 9" pans don't have a straight edge... icon_lol.gif

I always bake at 325 degrees. All of the cakes in my photos were baked using the Wilton pans. I have magic line 9" pans because the Wilton 9" will "nesst" so they aren't straight. The other Wilton pans that I have are straight edged though.

raquel1 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 8:23pm
post #3 of 6

What do you mean your Wilton pans are darker? The ones I have are the regular light color aluminum and not particularly heavy icon_confused.gif , and I have exactly the same as mamawrobin, all wilton except the 9". I also have the 14" in magic line just because it's heavier gauge and I wanted it sturdier in that size, but the Wilton pans 12" and smaller (including the doll and the ball pan) have worked great for me.

q2wheels Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 6

Ditto what mamawrobin and raquel1 said.

All my cakes are baked in Wilton Decorator Preferred pans (except the 6" square, which is ML cause Wilton doesn't make one) and they are all light colored and sturdy. I bake at 325, bake even strips and flower nail or heating core in anything over 12", never an issue.

millermom Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

All of my Wilton pans are lighter in both weight and color than any other brands I have, and I love that I can put them in the dishwasher and not have them corrode.

In fact, the only pans I've ever seen lighter than Wilton's are foil disposable pans. icon_wink.gif

JaeRodriguez Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 8:35pm
post #6 of 6

maybe summie is talking about a different kind of Wilton pan, I have some 9" Wilton pans that are old (they were my moms) and they are dark but they are only an 1 1/2 tall and the sides are not straight. They are more like regular no decorator pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%