I Need Help Before I Loose All My Hair!

Decorating By bnlrrice Updated 3 Sep 2005 , 5:05pm by freddie

bnlrrice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 3:57am
post #1 of 20

I am trying to find someone who can make a cake for my husbands prayer card shower. I wanted the cake to look like an envelope (front and back). Then have writing on it: To, From type thing. I wanted it to be man-ish, but christian. We are having a card shower for my husband because he just finished up his treatments of radiaton and chemo to have surgery next month to remove his cancer.

Where do I go for ideas help or hiring someone to do this.

Thanks, Nicole

There will be about 15 adults there.

19 replies
jscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jscakes Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:02am
post #2 of 20

Do you decorate cakes? If so, make a sheet cake, decorate it to look like the envelope and write on it from there, or make several envelopes on it with different addresses and such.
If you don't decorate, what area do you live in so possibly somebody on here knows of somebody where you are at...?
Just a suggestion, hope it works out well for you and especially for you husband, prayers for you!

bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:05am
post #3 of 20

THanks so much for your reply.. NO I don't make cakes that look like cakes, I do the type that my 5 and 7 year old think are TOO COOL but don't want to take them outside the home.

I am willing to buy a cake from someone near me.

Dallas (very north) Texas

jscakes Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:14am
post #4 of 20

This could be a good start for you !!! icon_biggrin.gif Especially if you can roll out pie dough or similar stuff, you could roll out some fondant, or home made marshmallow fondant then cut them to look like envelopes with writing on them with the cookie pens that all ink is edible, or the little tubes of icing from the grocery stores... stamps and what not drawn on them also and place them wherever around on the cake.
You wouldn't really need any fancy edge unless you want to try it out!
Wondering if any decoraters in the North Dallas area around to read this...?

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:15am
post #5 of 20

Well, according to records, there are 30, possibly more, decorators in Texas, so I'm sure there has to be one near you. They can't all be in Houston!

Come on folks, let's find someone to help this lady out!

Debbi

jscakes Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:20am
post #6 of 20

icon_lol.gif Thank you Debsuewoo!
blnrrice, when is it you need the cake to be done? I would help but I'm a wee bit away from you!

bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:21am
post #7 of 20

THANKS girls.
I was looking at the book cake pan and thought that might work. But really I am not sure I know how to pull it off solo.

bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:22am
post #8 of 20

I am in the Dallas Texas area!
The prayer card shower is Sept 17th.

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:46am
post #9 of 20

Mamafrogcakes is in the 214 area code, not sure exactly where. Here's her website, or you can try to contact her though here. You can search for a post with her as the author and then PM her.

http://mamafrogcreations.com/index.html

Ali

bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 1:17pm
post #10 of 20

Gosh this is harder than I thought it would be. Maybe I should just learn to do it..... I don't know where to start or if I will have enough time to do it. ERERERER

jekizer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jekizer Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 20

I am in Texas but down by San Antonio. I wish I could help you! Hopefully someone will come through for you.

Good Luck!

bnlrrice Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 1:30pm
post #12 of 20

Me too. I am thinking if I just buy the book pan, maybe I could get something going from there. Boy boy boy oh boy.

abbey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abbey Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 1:44pm
post #13 of 20

If you decide to do it yourself keep posting your questions there are lots of helpful people here with lots of experience and I'm sure someone will help with ideas!

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 1:49pm
post #14 of 20

ok i am not from dallas but will be doing a cake for a friend of mine in dallas on the 17th. I would be willing to help you out if you want. pm me and we can see if we can work something out.

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 9:47pm
post #15 of 20

How far in north Dallas are you?
Sherry

bnlrrice Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 1:45pm
post #16 of 20

I am near the Plano area???

Sherryb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherryb Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 1:14am
post #17 of 20

Try Cake Amore' in Plano. It's right off Spring Creek. Sometimes they have cards from people that do cakes.
Sherry

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 1:27am
post #18 of 20

I think the sheet cake would be the way to go on this. It would have the shape of an envelope. If no one here can help...I would go to a bakery that does specialty cakes and describe what you want. As long as it is not a grocery store bakery...I would think they could do it. Good luck!
traci icon_smile.gif

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 9:28am
post #19 of 20

hi Blnrrice,

Not sure if this is what you want but here is a simple but pretty envelope cake for a beginner decorater, the idea could be changed to a larger cake if you wanted, this was done on a loaf cake. It was done by Party Works http://thepartyworks.com/article_info.php/cArticlePath/96/articles_id/869

Hope this helps and your loved ones continue to be blessed
RaeMarie

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 5:05pm
post #20 of 20

Hi again,

Just got to thinking about your using the book pan. It would look nice and be fairly simple if you made one side be the envelope with the flap up and the other side being the card coming out of the envelope. The flap would be overpiped on the card side.

Just a thought
RaeMarie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%