Candy Melts Poured Over Rkt

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 2:58am by Cake_Bliss

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:25pm
post #1 of 7

Will melted candy melts poured over RKT smoothen the bumpy effect of the cereal treats?? I have tried just covering in fondant but you still see the bumps underneath.

Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks

Laurel icon_wink.gif

6 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 7

Nope. It will still look bumpy. However, it will be much more delicious. icon_smile.gif

Here's a couple things you can try -- before adding the cereal to the mixture, crush it with your hands to make the pieces smaller. Give your molded piece a 'spackle' coat of royal icing to smooth the surface. When dry, apply your fondant. Or, you may just be able to roll your fondant thicker and apply one layer of fondant.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 7

Thansk Diane for your response..I will give that a try!!

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:47pm
post #4 of 7

I use a base coat of buttercream over the Rice Krispies Treats to smooth out the bumps, then either chocolate clay or fondant over that.

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:49pm
post #5 of 7

I put the a layer of buttercream icing , but I did crush the rice krispies first.
and then I did a thicker layer of fondant, and I couldn't even tell the difference between the cake and the RKT.
icon_smile.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:39am
post #6 of 7

I compact my finished RKTs as I'm molding/modeling them and they're pretty smooth when I'm finished.

I then coat them with melted candy melts and then they're very smooth--and very sturdy and stable.

Rae
LL

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 2:58am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the tips! I searched on here, on you tube, google and bing and I got nothingicon_smile.gif I hate to ask questions because their are always some that complain about the "hobby" "for fun" cakers asking questions. So I search and search and search. I am sorry in advance for any misspellings or such that are "pet peeves" of some. Oopps so sorry to ranticon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%