Am I Supposed To Torte The Wonder Mold Doll Pan Cake??

Decorating By MrsNancyB1 Updated 12 Jul 2010 , 5:29pm by DeeDelightful

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:56am
post #1 of 8

I'm making a Belle cake for next Saturday, and I was wondering if it's customary to torte that cake? I don't normally torte cakes, since I usually make double layer cakes and put filling between the layers.

The doll cake is yellow cake, with white chocolate ganache as the crumb coat underneath modelling chocolate.

So...should I torte and fill with ganache??

TIA!

7 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:11am
post #2 of 8

Torting will make it taller (longer dress). I guess it all depends on the look you want. I don't think it's necessary to torte/fill it though.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:21am
post #3 of 8

I made a similar cake recently (baked in a Pyrex bowl) and I decided to torte it so that the eaters would get something moist amongst the dry cake. Especially since the cake had to bake longer in order to be done in the middle and it made the rest of the cake a bit dry. I think the filling was a pleasant relief.

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 6:37am
post #4 of 8

Yes, I would torte it in two places, use a firm filling or buttercream- ganache would work very well, or go easy on the filling.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 11:40am
post #5 of 8

I always torte. Any shape of cake.

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 11:57am
post #6 of 8

When I did several for a classroom for free, I did not torte. Mainly because I just didn't have the time. Other than that, I always torte the wonder mold in two places.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 3:26pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks everyone!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 5:29pm
post #8 of 8

I guess that does make sense to torte in 2 places. Never thought about it. Otherwise it will be a lot of cake and no icing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%