Duncan Hines Orange Supreme Cake Mix

Decorating By tweeter_bug98 Updated 17 Jun 2011 , 5:17pm by EmmyNoah

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:11am
post #1 of 19

I live in Coeur d'Alene, ID--which is in North Idaho near the Idaho/Washington border. I am wondering if there is anyone in this area who knows where I can find the Orange Supreme Cake Mix from Duncan Hines. I have checked our local grocery stores and have had no success. icon_sad.gif I would love to make the Orange Creamsicle Cake featured under CC's Recipes. Or if anyone else has a really good, moist orange cake recipe I would love to hear about it. icon_smile.gif Thank you!

18 replies
mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:17am
post #2 of 19

I have never seen the DH orange mix either & I'm in CA. I used Macsmom's Orange Dreamsicle recipe (using orange yogurt, sherbet & flavoring) & it was absolutely delicious and incredibly moist, I highly recommend it.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:20am
post #3 of 19

You can buy on line....

nicolepa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolepa Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:24am
post #4 of 19

I've purchased it in Western Washington @ either Safeway or Albertsons, not sure which.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:31am
post #5 of 19

I haven't found the orange cake mix either.
I have turned kakeladi's WASC recipe into an orange cake before. For the liquid I have used Sunkist or orange juice and I add a half of a pack of jello.

In place of the sour cream you could use orange flavored yogurt and maybe leave out the jello if you don't want to use it in your cake.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:31am
post #6 of 19

Thanks for the info everyone! I will check out the grocery stores in Washington next time I am over there. I seen the cake mixes online, but wanted to avoid shipping costs. They seemed a bit outrageous to me.

mbark--I did a search for Macsmom's Orange Dreamsicle recipe and could not find it. Do you have a link for it?

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:31am
post #7 of 19

sorry, I always forget if it's creamsicle or dreamsicle

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/4643/Orange-creamsicle

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 4:33am
post #8 of 19

I don't live anywhere NEAR you, but my Walmart (Superstore) and Kroger both carry it.

mfruchey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfruchey Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:51am
post #9 of 19

MacsMom's cake FTW. It's the best-reviewed flavor I've made to date!

ladybug614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug614 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 4:03am
post #10 of 19

I have looked for that flavor of cake in Oklahoma and can't find it either. I haven't tried to order it online because it is easier (and cheaper!) to add jello or liquid flavorings.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:01pm
post #11 of 19

tweeter_bug98, I found the dreamsicle cake on line here at CC. Try again. Good luck.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:19pm
post #12 of 19

Ive been wanting to make this cake for the longest time, never thought to use orange yogurt. Thanks! Ive looked high and low for orange flavored cake mix, to no avail. Thanks everyone!

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:27pm
post #13 of 19

I found it in California at WalMart and my local Raley's market. When I saw it, I picked up several to have on hand "just in case".

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:45pm
post #14 of 19

my local Ralph's had it but I've never seen it anywhere else.

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 6:26am
post #15 of 19

All of our groceries have the duncan hines orange. The cake doctors books have a great recipie for the dreamsickle cake. The one in her dinner book is better than her orig.
Yes our IGA and all the walmarts and even the private grocerys have the orange but when I CAN'T LOCATE ONE. I call the company to make sure that it is still being made (things change so fast).. and if it is I will ask if they can order me a case. sometimes they will just order the case and put it out but if I know that I am going to use it I will take the 12 boxes of cake mixes.. just because they were nice enough to order it in for me.

When I called duncan hines they even sent me coupons... glad I called.

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:06pm
post #16 of 19

labmom, Is there any chance that you would give me that Number for Duncan Hines? I would really appreciate it. Thank you. I would love to try this cake. I have the cake mix doctor book, but didn't know she put out a dinner book?

KieslerKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KieslerKakes Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:30pm
post #17 of 19

This is too weird, I had a request for orange cupcakes with orange buttercream icing this week. I used DH cake mix and Sharon's BC icing recipe with Orange oil extract and boy did it turn out great. I wanted to roll in the icing it was so good. I got my DH mix at Walmart some time ago.

KathieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathieB Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeter_bug98

I live in Coeur d'Alene, ID--which is in North Idaho near the Idaho/Washington border. I am wondering if there is anyone in this area who knows where I can find the Orange Supreme Cake Mix from Duncan Hines. I have checked our local grocery stores and have had no success. icon_sad.gif I would love to make the Orange Creamsicle Cake featured under CC's Recipes. Or if anyone else has a really good, moist orange cake recipe I would love to hear about it. icon_smile.gif Thank you!

Try this link, it was given to me by someone else. I believe they are macsmoms recipes. Try the Orange Dreamsicle.

EmmyNoah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyNoah Posted 17 Jun 2011 , 5:17pm
post #19 of 19

Believe it or not, you can order it from Amazon. If you do a search on Amazon for Duncan Hines, it will give you all kinds of flavors, including the orange and some of the other hard to find.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%