I know the Agbay cake leveler is the best and I am going to start saving up once I get more business but in the mean time has anybody used the Ultimate Cake Leveler by Wilton? It folds to save space but that concerns me because in the middle of the blade it has a little hinge and I wonder if it would damage the cake???? Or if anyone has suggestions of levelers they like please let me know! thanks
1. Measure depth of pan. (Don't assume it's 2")
2. Using a long serrated knife, lay the knife sideways and using the edge of the pan as a guide, slice off the dome/cake above the pan.
3. Remove cake from pan.
4. Divide depth of pan by 2.
5. Stack up enough cake cardboards to equal the measurement determined in the previous step.
6. Place the cardboards in the cake pan.
7. Put the cake into the cake pan on top of the cardboards.
8. Repeat step 1.
There! Torted and leveled.
Wow, great idea! Thank you, you have helped me so much just by reading everyone's forum posts and all your great replies........