Luster Dust Painting

Decorating By Faithbound Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 9:27am by Faithbound

Faithbound Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faithbound Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 6

I want to paint on some royal icing decorations with silver luster dust. However, I am out of clear alcoholic beverages to mix with the dust. Is there any other liquid that will work? Thank you in advance!

5 replies
caleyb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caleyb Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 6

clear vanilla

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:28pm
post #3 of 6

lemon extract

Faithbound Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:31am
post #4 of 6

I don't have any lemon at the moment, but I have almond, vanilla, and strawberry. The almond has the highest alcohol content, so I think I'm going to try that. Thanks for your help!

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 5:40am
post #5 of 6

excellent. i was going to askk something similar.. id ont drink so no alchol hear.. however i do have a bottle of almond essence i never use.. so let us know how you go with that! =)

Faithbound Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 9:27am
post #6 of 6

The almond extract worked, but all my decorations broke in transport from table to kitchen...sigh. I compromised, and made a single oval with all three letters I needed inside, a pearl border around it. I am getting ready to post a pic. I hope it works out. There were so many cracks I ended up using wilton cake colors in the colors we are using for the cake to paint the monogram. Not even sure how I'm going to make it stand yet...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%