Attaching Breast To Torso Cake

Decorating By winny01 Updated 19 Oct 2010 , 11:05pm by qweenie

winny01 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 4

Hi. I am going to be making a female torso cake from a 12x 18 sheet pan. I am planning on using the Wilton sports ball for the breast. Should I put the sports ball cake on a cake board and use dowel rods for support or would it be ok to just place on cake?? Thanks for advise.

3 replies
sweetcakes Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 4:14am
post #2 of 4

they will be jusst fine to place directly on the cake, put alittle icing under them to stick them down.

Texas_Rose Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 4:33am
post #3 of 4

They're not as heavy as you would think, you can put them directly on the 12x18. Given the way that most men eat boobie cakes, the less dowels/boards/etc in the area, the better icon_biggrin.gif

qweenie Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 4

For breasts on a torso cake... I used the Barbie pan. The one that has the Barbie standing in it & the cake is the dress. They make perfect shaped breasts. You can make the breasts as large as you like with this pan. There is a hole at the top where the nipple would be placed. Instead of filling it with icing I used Hot Tamales candies. They hold up under fondant and work very well. Guys like the surprise inside the cake. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%