Whistle While You Work?

Decorating By cattycornercakes Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 12:57pm by ptanyer

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:28am
post #1 of 33

Ok...just curious...what music do you like to listen to when you are decorating? What gets you in the zone?

For me..its Pink's "Funhouse"

32 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 33

I always always listen to Jazz (well, that's all I listen to anyways). I find it calming.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:58am
post #3 of 33

Just a county girl at heart, the old classic country songs.

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:58am
post #4 of 33

My MP3 player is hooked to my stereo. Playlist... Metallica, Coldplay, AC/DC, Nickelback, Poison, GnR, Black Eyed Peas, 3 Doors Down... Strange mix but I like music you can feel and makes you feel good. I can't work if music isn't playing and at a good volume also. We are music lovers here. Husband is in a band, that practices in a separate building on property. Music makes life fun.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:00am
post #5 of 33

Southern Culture on the Skids - "House of Bamboo" rocks!! If you're not dancing and singing into your spatula by the first verse you're not human. icon_lol.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:01am
post #6 of 33

I am such a nerd that I listen to NPR all day. For some reason I can get in the zone much better listening to talk radio. Lately I have been trying to switch things up and listen to music...just can't do it icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:32am
post #7 of 33

Since I can see the TV from our kitchen, I start with Twilight, head into New Moon, and if I'm still busting my butt in the kitchen, I'll choose a musical or something classic. Last time it was Anna and the King (with Jodie Foster) and before that was Phantom of the Opera. icon_smile.gif

And if I just want music, it's Lady Gaga or the Wicked Soundtrack lately.

I have very open taste in movies and music. icon_lol.gif

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #8 of 33

I love to listen to classical music when I decorate....piano concerto's are my favorite........ icon_eek.gif ohhh mg I think I just showed my age icon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif

redheadfairy2003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redheadfairy2003 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:48am
post #9 of 33

I have Pandora on my laptop with some different playlist and it depends on the mood I am in at the moment...

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:52am
post #10 of 33

James Taylor!!!

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 2:57am
post #11 of 33

Depends on my mood , lately it has been a lot of Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Rilo Kiley, Eisley, Silversun Pickups, loquat, Ben Gibbard (Death Cab and Postal service), Vedera, Colbie Caillat, and Jenny Lewis....

Mostly any Indie Folk Rock .

Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:02am
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Depends on my mood , lately it has been a lot of Fleet Foxes, Band of Horses, Rilo Kiley, Eisley, Silversun Pickups, loquat, Ben Gibbard (Death Cab and Postal service), Vedera, Colbie Caillat, and Jenny Lewis....

Jaime, it looks like you and my partner should belong in the same household! Haha. He loves them!

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:05am
post #13 of 33

Depends on my mood....my ipod has a wide variety....sometimes I just let it mix it up and here whatever comes....

apieceofcake-dolores Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apieceofcake-dolores Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:09am
post #14 of 33

Music and cake..my 2 favorite things! I'm into Indie Rock (rogue Wave, Band of Horses, Sufjan Stevens, Vampire Weekend are a few of my favs to decorate to!)

JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:13am
post #15 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:

Jaime, it looks like you and my partner should belong in the same household! Haha. He loves them!

Well it seems like your partner not only has Excellent taste in companions but also excelent taste in music!!!!!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

Rylan Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:18am
post #16 of 33
Quote:

Well it seems like your partner not only has Excellent taste in companions but also excelent taste in music!!!!!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

And that is why I love you!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:24am
post #17 of 33

MP3 on shuffle...

Since I have a wide variety on it I never know what it will be. I have country, rock, rap, metal and a little techo.

tweeter_bug98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tweeter_bug98 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:28am
post #18 of 33

I like to have my favorite local radio station on...they play a lot of different artists from Nickelback to Kris Allen to Adam Lambert to Pink to Kings of Leon to Lady Gaga--two of my favorite things, music and baking! I couldn't be happier!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:36am
post #19 of 33

I have to have a TV on, so I guess my answer would be "Law and Order" theme song!

JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:38am
post #20 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan

Quote:

And that is why I love you!

Awwwwww, And that is why I love you, right back! thumbs_up.gif

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:45am
post #21 of 33

i have it totally silent. i have two little girls that i'm with all day long and a hubby who is a talker. so i like it silent...it calms me icon_smile.gif although every once and a while my hubby will put together a playlist for me and i like that too. i just won't sit down to put one together for myself. i've also never bought a CD in my life, don't own an ipod or an mp3 player so it's not high on the list i guess. maybe it's b/c i can't carry a tune to save my life LOL

JaimeAnn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 4:53am
post #22 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAt2am

i have it totally silent. i have two little girls that i'm with all day long and a hubby who is a talker. so i like it silent...it calms me icon_smile.gif although every once and a while my hubby will put together a playlist for me and i like that too. i just won't sit down to put one together for myself. i've also never bought a CD in my life, don't own an ipod or an mp3 player so it's not high on the list i guess. maybe it's b/c i can't carry a tune to save my life LOL

I like silence sometimes too.. BUT I couldnt imagine even 1 day without music..... I come from a very musical family though and just about every weekend we would all get together for BBQ's and live music...

Jamielc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jamielc Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 5:07am
post #23 of 33

Usually something rock or country ... tonight is David Cook, he keeps me grounded and sane apparently. =)

Great post!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 5:14am
post #24 of 33

i usually like to watch food network. i pretend i am on there doing my thing. lol

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 5:40am
post #25 of 33

I usually have on Pandora on my phone or the tv with hitlist or food network...really into Pandora lately thoughicon_smile.gif I sing right along...LOL! icon_lol.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 7:37am
post #26 of 33

Pink Floyd..("comfortably numb" is my favorite song icon_biggrin.gif) Led Zeppelin....Guns n Roses...Tom Petty....Kid Rock....Johnny Cash... to name a few of my fav's..... I have strange taste in music...LOL...

suzylynn58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzylynn58 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:00am
post #27 of 33

I download books from the library onto my iphone and listen to those. If not that, then I listen to an oldies station.

Irish245 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Irish245 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:34am
post #28 of 33

I said before that I listen to James Taylor but I like the books on tape...although once classes start again in late August, I think I'll tape the lectures and listen to them....or tape my own notes.....either way, I can kill two birds with one stone, right?

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:43am
post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpAt2am

i have it totally silent. i have two little girls that i'm with all day long and a hubby who is a talker. so i like it silent...it calms me icon_smile.gif

DITTO! Only for me it's because of my work...baking and decorating are my "escapes" so most of the time - I like it quiet. Weekends DH leaves very early, so sometimes when he comes home, it'll be the first time I've spoken all day! (unless I'm swearing at my cakes).

But - if I'm in the mood for "company", I have my TV on and listen to Food Channel.

didavista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
didavista Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 11:57am
post #30 of 33

I love my hard rock!!! Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, Disturbed...etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%