This Stand Is Scaring Me!

Decorating By CakeInfatuation Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 7:22pm by sweettreat101

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing my first cake with a fountain... I bought this http://www.cakedeco.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=8792&p_catid=185&page=1 stand to use to raise the cake. I have a 16", 12", 6" and 4" going on top of this. Just with the 18" on it, the thing wiggles. Is this going to be strong enough for all that weight or is the stand going to collapse on top of the fountain? If you have some insight, I'd love to hear it.

I wish they listed somewhere what the weight capacity of this stand is!

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 5

Don't know, but why do you have an 18" (cake?) on it? Are you saying you're putting four more tiers on top for a total of five? The plate is 16", right

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 5

sorry... I put the 16" cake on it and it is a little wobbly. Leah, you will be proud of me! I am using SPS For my cake! Just not the stand. icon_sad.gif

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 5

When I use the fountain stand I either use royal icing to secure the pieces or hot glue. I rented the stand from a cake store instead of purchasing one. When I went to set up the cake it was completely unstable. All I had at the time was royal icing in my repair kit so that was what I had to use. It's the tiered star cake in my photos. I noticed when I was setting up that the cake shop has used hot glue on the columns but I didn't have any with me. I was afraid if someone bumped the table the cake was going down. Especially since they placed the table at the entrance.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 5

Can you call the store you purchased the item from and ask them the weight limit?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%