Sammy And Cardinals?

Decorating By sinstl Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 2:06am by yummy

sinstl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinstl Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 4

I'm making a cake for a friend who loves Sammy Hagar and the St. Louis Cardinals. Anybody have any ideas to combine these two into one cohesive design? It's just going to be an 8 inch round and the only idea I have is to make a Sammy figure with a Cardinals jersey, but I'd really rather not make a figure (I'm not great at it). Any ideas are welcome, I've got until the 19th to make it.

3 replies
yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 4

Since it's a small cake, how about a white iced with an edible image of Sammy on top. On the sides on the front center an edible image Cardinals logo with yellow and red stars around sides; a fondant ball border in red and yellow, maybe a 3D bat, baseball and cap on sides/board maybe the cap on top near Sammys head like he's wearing it, stars on wires. If you look on the cardinals site and go into shop, teams sometimes have bats and balls exclusively for their teams; you could see if the have them and make those instead of the traditional bat and ball. HTH

sinstl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sinstl Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 11:15pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, sorry I didn't see that you had answered my post.
I decided to draw a little caricature of Sammy wearing a jersey with chocolate and I think it came out well, so I think at this point I'll leave well enough alone with that. But definitely I'll do the cap, ball and bat.

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 2:06am
post #4 of 4

Post pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%