Candy Meltss & Chartacter Pans

Sugar Work By CakesIMake Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 6:16pm by CakesIMake

CakesIMake Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:33pm
post #1 of 3

I need to make a spongebob cake & was going to use the idea from Wiltons 2010 yearbook....It says to melt the candy & pour it into the pan, but I was wondering do I need to coat it with anything so it doesn't stick? Also how do I go about on getting the choc. out once it is solid? Does it just come right out, do I put in it warm water for a few to loosen it? I really have no idea. Thanks for any advise!

2 replies
luv_to_decorate Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 3

I have done candy melts in character pans before. I don't put anything in them. If you spray with or coat with any type of oil base, it will not be good for the candy. If you dip in hot water, the chocolate will melt and run. I just pour in melted candy, let firm up and unmold. I have also put them in the freezer for just a few minutes and then removed and let them sit for just a minute or 2 and unmold. Does it give you the instructions in the Wilton book?

CakesIMake Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the help.. I don't have the book. I was just skimming through it to just get the basics of how to do it, but then couldn't remember anything about how to actually get the mold out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%