Help! How To Attach Heavy Candy Plaque To Top Of Cake?

Decorating By suzieQ929 Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm by msthang1224

suzieQ929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieQ929 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 4

I am making the "monkey shines" cake from the Wilton yearbook....I wanted to attach the heavy chocolate monkey with candy sticks, but I am not sure if that will work. I did not follow the directions from Wilton exactly, as in the past I have, and they did not work! Does anyone have any suggestions on how to attach the plaque to the top? Please help, and thank you in advance!

3 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, question, how thick did you make your Monkey Plaque? Because I'm looking at Monkey Shines cake and its laying down on the cake but seems kind of thin to me.

If yours is thick then maybe you can make a candy puddle plaque (oval or rectangular shape) and glue the monkey to it standing up. Sort of like a base for it. Then glue that to a cardboard the same shape of the base and put it on your cake.

I hope I'm getting this across to you and not confusing you. HTH

Maybe some of our CCrs have better ideas.

suzieQ929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieQ929 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 7:20am
post #3 of 4

That is a wonderful idea! Thank you! The monkey plaque is about an inch or so thick. My first idea was to "glue" wooden dowels or candy sticks to the back of the monkey with chocolate and have the plaque part actually rest on plastic dowels underneath. I think I just may make a round puddle as you suggested for his base, tomorrow morning..I love that idea. I forgot to mention this poor monkey and his cake have an hour travel time! Thanks again icon_smile.gif

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 4

Great, I'm glad that I could help. Becare careful during yr travel with yr monkey. Are u going to put him on the cake after you arrive? If so, be sure to keep him cool to avoid melting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%