Liquid Coffeemate In Sugarshack's Buttercream???

Baking By ChRiStY_71 Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm by ChRiStY_71

ChRiStY_71  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 6

My DH brought home liquid Coffee Mate instead of the powdered. Does anyone know if it will work as well in Sugarshack's recipe as the powedered kind does if I heat it up? TIA!!!

5 replies
 jerseygirlNga  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jerseygirlNga Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 6

Hey Christy... I really don't know if there would be a difference...but if you try can you let me know!!! THe fat content may be higher in the liquid than the powder and I would just add about 9 TBLS to start, and adjust if necessary.

My DH brought me home a "generic" brand and institutional sized it...want I should mail you some? Total Fat on 1t .05g

I would pull the nutrition facts from both products and compare.

another CHRIS

chillilannie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chillilannie Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure about sugarshack's recipe but I use macsmoms recipe and it calls for 1 cup of liquid coffee creamer and it's THE BEST buttercream I have ever worked with, it's easy to spread and it crusts beautifully. I also like the idea of being able to use any flavour of creamer since there are so many available, gives it so much variety. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

LisaMarie86  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaMarie86 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 6

I think it would be fine but it wouldnt be shelf stable anymore since the majority of liquid coffee creamers need to be refridgerated.

FullHouse  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 6

I substitute liquid Coffeemate for the powdered all the time, my close friend is allergic to coconut oil and palm kernel oil which is in the powder but not the liquid. I find it makes an even smoother icing.

I use 1/2 hot water, 1/2 Coffeemate liquid.

ChRiStY_71  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out!

@Chris...lol! Husbands...can't live with 'em can't pay the mortgage without 'em!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%