Liquid Coffeemate In Sugarshack's Buttercream???

Baking By ChRiStY_71 Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm by ChRiStY_71

ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 6

My DH brought home liquid Coffee Mate instead of the powdered. Does anyone know if it will work as well in Sugarshack's recipe as the powedered kind does if I heat it up? TIA!!!

5 replies
jerseygirlNga Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm
post #2 of 6

Hey Christy... I really don't know if there would be a difference...but if you try can you let me know!!! THe fat content may be higher in the liquid than the powder and I would just add about 9 TBLS to start, and adjust if necessary.

My DH brought me home a "generic" brand and institutional sized it...want I should mail you some? Total Fat on 1t .05g

I would pull the nutrition facts from both products and compare.

another CHRIS

chillilannie Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 6

I'm not sure about sugarshack's recipe but I use macsmoms recipe and it calls for 1 cup of liquid coffee creamer and it's THE BEST buttercream I have ever worked with, it's easy to spread and it crusts beautifully. I also like the idea of being able to use any flavour of creamer since there are so many available, gives it so much variety. Hope this helps thumbs_up.gif

LisaMarie86 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 6

I think it would be fine but it wouldnt be shelf stable anymore since the majority of liquid coffee creamers need to be refridgerated.

FullHouse Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 6

I substitute liquid Coffeemate for the powdered all the time, my close friend is allergic to coconut oil and palm kernel oil which is in the powder but not the liquid. I find it makes an even smoother icing.

I use 1/2 hot water, 1/2 Coffeemate liquid.

ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:58pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out!! Husbands...can't live with 'em can't pay the mortgage without 'em!

Quote by @%username% on %date%