Yayyy I Get To Do A Guitar Cake!!!!!

Decorating By heddahope Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 12:44pm by poohsmomma

heddahope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heddahope Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 8

Sorry just wanted to scream that because I am sooo excited. My friends son wants one, and asked for me to do it and "just me". LOL.

7 replies
armywife1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywife1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:00am
post #2 of 8

Yay!! Your cakes are awesome, so I can't wait to see pics! icon_wink.gif

heddahope Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:06am
post #3 of 8

Thank you so much, that really does mean a lot coming from another cake person.

It isn't till aug. 20 but I am soo excited. I will definitely post pics as soon as I am finished.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:30am
post #4 of 8

i am happy for you!! personally I would be running away. icon_lol.gif what kind of guitar are you making? acoustic? electric? shape? color? we want details !! icon_biggrin.gif

heddahope Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:44am
post #5 of 8

I will get a picture tomorrow, and will definitely let yall know. I have plenty of time to prepare, which is usually not the case with me. LOL.

Now that you have pointed it out I am getting nervous. Thanks, lol. I am hoping I am not in over my head. Everyone around here usually just gets sheets cakes so as long as it is decent looking I should be good. Although I am shooting for AWESOME!!!!

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:53am
post #6 of 8

make sure you check out some of the archieved posts on guitar cakes, on here. CC has had some great ones, and the things these people have come up with for guitar strings... let me just say, i love the creative genius of this site!!

the best and easiest search I have found when looking for cakes, is click galleries, then the search button on the galleries. great results everytime.

heddahope Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 5:58am
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much, I was just checking them out. I will definitely use that tip for searching.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:44pm
post #8 of 8

I got to do my first not too long ago. I was actually dreading it, but it turned out okay.

I did figure out a little tip that helped with the guitar strings. Thought I'd share:

I used my clay extruder, and at first the strings got all stuck together as they came out. Frustrating!! I stuck a tiny doubled-up piece of aluminum foil on the inside of the shape-making disk inside the extruder so that only two holes were open. When only 2 strands of fondant were coming out of the extruder, it was easy to separate them on my counter. I used a gray fondant and painted them silver before I put them on the guitar.

Your cakes are really cool, so I know this guitar will be also. Be sure to post pix.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%