What Should I Use For This ?

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 11:29am by Lacey7671

chanielisalevy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:56am
post #1 of 6

I need to copy this from a logo for a corporate cake. They want the 3-D cupped hands as a cake topper. I was thinking of white chocolate clay. Any other ideas or tips to keep in mind? Any help with this would be VERY appreciated!
LL

5 replies
chanielisalevy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:00am
post #2 of 6

What about this idea - would this work? If I warmed up candy clay and stuffed it inside a food safe glove, let harden a bit, then shape it inside the glove some more for general shape. Let harden in fridge, cut off glove then work on the shape some more. Is that totally off the wall?

nancyg Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:06am
post #3 of 6

Sure sounds like an idea to try.....Please let us know how it turns out...

And good luck

Lacey7671 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:09am
post #4 of 6

That works well for jello "creepy" hands for halloween
make sure they are powder free gloves

chanielisalevy Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 10:31am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey7671

That works well for jello "creepy" hands for halloween
make sure they are powder free gloves

happy to hear I'm not totally nuts -- how would I do that? With jello you just pour it in? Would I be better off with thickened melted chocolate, (few drops of water added) pour into glove, tie a not, then pray ?

Lacey7671 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 11:29am
post #6 of 6

melted chocolate would harden flat on one side not really giving a 3d look. jello would look funny on top. hmmm have you tried modeling chocolate. it is fairly easy to work with and super easy to make. I made dump trucks and bull dozers out of it for the first time recently and was surprised and pleased with my results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%