Whipped Cream Icing Dilemma

Decorating By CrumblesConfections Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm by CrumblesConfections

CrumblesConfections Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #1 of 3

I made my first batch (make that 2 batches) of whipped cream icing and the gelatin is leaving chunks in the icing. What am I doing wrong? I followed the recipe to the letter the 2nd attempt. I must admit the recipe I followed the first time didn't tell me to heat the gelatin mixture but the 2nd one did. I didn't let the gelatin get cold. It was still in liquid form when I slowly poured it into my icing. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2 replies
KoryAK Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:49am
post #2 of 3

Gelatin is extremely susceptible to temperature changes. Pouring it into your cold whipping cream (if it's not warm enough) is making it set immediately and gel into blobs. Try stirring a little cream into the whole gelatin mixture, then adding that. (called tempering)

CrumblesConfections Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:34pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

Gelatin is extremely susceptible to temperature changes. Pouring it into your cold whipping cream (if it's not warm enough) is making it set immediately and gel into blobs. Try stirring a little cream into the whole gelatin mixture, then adding that. (called tempering)

Thanks Kory, I will try that next time. It's very frustrating when it doesn't come out right.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%