No Cake In Sight!

Decorating By KayMc Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 4:31pm by lissergirl

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:33pm
post #1 of 13

I started making and decorating cakes in April of this year. I just sent my most recent cake to it's new home, and for the first time in 2 months, my kitchen is cake free! I have no cake in process, and none in the future! It feels really strange!! icon_eek.gif

12 replies
iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:50am
post #2 of 13

Wow, put your feet up and relax...take a well deserved break! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcakin

Wow, put your feet up and relax...take a well deserved break! icon_biggrin.gif

Agree....and then after a reasonable break...start plotting your next project or technique. But enjoy the moment!

KayMc Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:12am
post #4 of 13

Thanks, guys! Since I'm such a newbie, I have a lot to choose from, as I want to try something new. I think I might be brave and try my first cake covered with fondant!

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:17pm
post #5 of 13

KayMC- You SHOULD! :] It is a lot easier then you think it will be, and I looked at your pictures and your edges are so nice with BC you will probably get the hang of fondant very fast! My first ever cake I did was with fondant and when I was done I was like, woah, that was easy! icon_razz.gif hehe Good luck!

KayMc Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:28pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks, JaeRodriguez! I'm hoping to have the same success as you did! Thanks for the kind words.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:35pm
post #7 of 13

You're welcome, let me add that I first tried to make MMF to cover it and it was a disaster icon_razz.gif so I purchased some Wilton (only thing around here) and THAT is when I was able to work with the cake so easily, I highly recommend using Wilton or something premade the first time around, so you get a feel for fondant!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:49pm
post #8 of 13

Definitely enjoy the moment! You cannot know how much I treasured those rare weekends that I didn't have a catering, or had one on Friday night. A weekend with nothing to do! OMG, it was GREAT!!!! It was like being a normal person again!

I knew I had to work twice as hard the next week to make up the cash flow, but I enjoyed the moment(s) when I had them! thumbs_up.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:57pm
post #9 of 13

Enjoy the free time!! I delivered my only cake this morning, which means, I actually have a FREE FRIDAY NIGHT!!! I am too excited about that!! icon_lol.gif

I will be relaxing all weekend, I have to, I accidently overbooked myself for next week!! icon_redface.gificon_sad.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:58pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

...I accidently overbooked myself for next week!! icon_redface.gificon_sad.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

When I'd have a weekend like that, I'd ask, "Who thought booking all of this was a good idea!? Oh wait .... that would be ME!!!!" icon_lol.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:08pm
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

...I accidently overbooked myself for next week!! icon_redface.gificon_sad.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

When I'd have a weekend like that, I'd ask, "Who thought booking all of this was a good idea!? Oh wait .... that would be ME!!!!" icon_lol.gif

I just kept saying yes to folks and they kept bringing deposits and then I realized they were all for the same day!! LOL!!

One good thing is that I had one inquiry cancel (thank goodness) because they didn't want to spend $400 on a cake that would feed 100 people!! icon_confused.gif

needy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
needy2 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:12pm
post #12 of 13

so I just checked my calendar and my next Sat without a wedding cake is Nov 6th!!!! icon_eek.gif At least I'll get to bundle up on the couch with a cozy blanket. icon_lol.gif

lissergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lissergirl Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:31pm
post #13 of 13

KayMc, I'm having that same ahhhhh feeling this week! I'm a newbie too and I did 11 cakes and 4 dozen cupcakes in June so I'm SO glad to have a break! That probably doesn't sound like much to some of you pros, but I'm an accountant by trade and I have a 2 and a 3 year old - plus these are "freebies" so June just about did me in!

I have been wanting to try a new technique too, but I've just been too busy. Maybe after this little break we can catch our breath and dive back in! Good luck with the fondant! Hopefully I'll get up the nerve to try it soon - I want to be able to do some of the FABULOUS cakes I see here on CC!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%