Big Top Cupcake Pan Vs. Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan

Decorating By CrumblesConfections Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 12:24am by mamawrobin

CrumblesConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrumblesConfections Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 6

I see that there's a $5.39 difference in price on these 2 pans on Amazon.com with Wilton's being $24.99 and the Big Top pan being $19.60. If anyone knows if there's a difference in the pans and what those differences are, good or bad, please let me know because I want to purchase 1 today. Thanks.

5 replies
kikibakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikibakes Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 6

I love the Wilton pan! I don't know much about the other one though.
HTH icon_smile.gif

ameliasam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ameliasam Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 7:30pm
post #3 of 6

I have the Big Top pan and I like it icon_smile.gif I don't think their was a difference beside of the name they are the same size. I guess it just what you want a Wilton pan or Big Top pan. I hope that helps.

thallo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thallo Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 8:03pm
post #4 of 6

The difference is that the Big Top Cupcake Pan is silicone and the Wilton Giant Cupcake Pan in heavy duty cast aluminum. So I guess your choice would be based on whether you like to bake in the silicone - which takes longer for me - or whetner you like the heavy duty metal pan.
Either one will be fun - so enjoy whatever you choose.

diabolicdesire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diabolicdesire Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 8:11pm
post #5 of 6

I used the silicone one which is the big top one I believe and I did not like. I baked the cake the required amount of time and thought was done but the very center was still raw. I took it out if the pan and the middle ran everywhere. This was just my experience with it, I've never tried the wilton one.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

I have the Giant Cupcake pan from Wilton and I love it. There was a thread on here the other day about the pan not baking evenly. some said that they had to bake the top and the bottom seperately. I have used mine four different times and mine baked evenly every time. SO...it could be a difference in ovens....maybe icon_confused.gif There were others that said that they didn't have any problems with it baking evenly either.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%