Pictures On Cake

Decorating By Tiers_Of_Joy Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 3:02am by icingimages

Tiers_Of_Joy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiers_Of_Joy Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 4

My Uncle just passed away and my cousins asked me to make a cake for his memorial. I know that they want a car on it (his '68 GTO)...so I was thinking about doing that in gum paste as the topper. For the cake itself I was thinking about doing a two tiered rectangle cake and putting pictures of my uncle on the sides, with royal icing "picture frames". This may be a loftly idea...I saw it done on "Ace of Cakes". I'm wondering if anyone has ideas on how to get pictures on the cake. Should I just use regular pics, inedible? I don't know if I can get photo transfers (made up for me at Wal-Mart? a friend of mine has this done of senior pictures for graduation cakes) on the cake perfectly as I've never worked with them before. Ideas?? Thanks!

3 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 4

most any supermarket bakery or ice cream store can print the pics for you on edible paper. I like that better than putting real pics on that you have to take off before you cut the cake

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 4

Tiers_Of_Joy.....You can do it! It's NOT hard. You just cut the pictures out, and "glue" them on with buttercream (if that's what you are using), or royal icing. Then, cover the edges with your "picture frame" of royal icing. I'm sorry about your uncle. I know your cake will be appreciated. Good Luck

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 3:02am
post #4 of 4

I have been selling the edible pictures on across the nation for 11 years. We ship them to all sorts of people without any decorating experience. It is not that hard! You can do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%