I Have A Beautiful Golden Suntan, But...

Business By diane706 Updated 11 Jul 2010 , 2:40am by Rose_N_Crantz

diane706 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane706 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 19

unfortunately it isn't paying the bills!! Is everybody else slow right now or is it just MY neck of the woods?? **sigh** July has been soooo slow.

18 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:57am
post #2 of 19

ME TOO! It's KILLING me.

needy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
needy2 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 19

We're slow with occasion cakes too. But, I've got an awesome sunburn, complete with crazy tan lines from where a shadow was on my legs!! icon_lol.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 19

same here, I am down to a trickle, and all last minute. UGH

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 19

Frankly, me too. June was gangbusters, July . . . snooze.

Yum2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yum2010 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 19

me too!!! I even pulled out my old calender from last year to compare.......looks like last july was the same. Guess everyone's at the beach!

jamalyn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamalyn1 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 19

We run a swimming pool service company so I am praying for some slow! I only do cakes for friends and family, but have been pretty busy with that too! Hopefully you all will pick up soon. If not you are welcome to come clean some pools for me! icon_razz.gif

diane706 Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 19

Actually what I meant to say in my original post but evidently got sidetracked (must have seen something shiny) is that the last couple of weeks in June were slow for me also. JUNE! THE WEDDING MONTH! Ahhhh. What's going on? I'm hoping everybody is just on vacation right now.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 9:24pm
post #9 of 19

Only the last 2 weeks of July are slow for me. The first 3 are as full as I allow.

The schedule for the last 2 weeks is subject to change at any moment - although right now I would be thrilled with a slow down.

Suze

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #10 of 19

June was crazy busy. We averaged about 200-300 cakes every fri-sat-sun. We did have one exception weekend where we had 500. CRAZY!!!! People just can't resist those cheap cakes! But then this weekend and last is quite slow. I think we just might break 100 orders for tomorrow. But Sunday is real slow. And last weekend we had about 60 orders on Saturday and 13 on Sunday.

But honestly, I'm not complaining. I get paid hourly whether we have 100 orders or 500. I'm actually kinda glad it's slowing down.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:30am
post #11 of 19

Yep June was nuts but July is much easier. Next week is busy for me but then after that its slow. Bad on the pocketbook but nice on the stress levels!

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 1:48am
post #12 of 19

same here! april/may/june were crazy but july not so much. just a couple bbshowers and a couple sheets and a few orders for cuppies on the books. guess everybody's on vacation.

diane706 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 3:20am
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_N_Crantz

June was crazy busy. We averaged about 200-300 cakes every fri-sat-sun. We did have one exception weekend where we had 500.

Good Grief! Where do you work??

sweetbn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbn Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 4:49am
post #14 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane706

Quote:

June was crazy busy. We averaged about 200-300 cakes every fri-sat-sun. We did have one exception weekend where we had 500.

I was wondering the same thing lol

One of my Mom's friends is a florist and she said that last year she had weddings coming out the ying yang. Booked solid with multiple weddings from April through to the end of October, but this year is very quiet for her too.

Hopefully the orders start to come in for everyone icon_smile.gif I only do a few cakes, but I get to do my first wedding cake for July 24th so I'm excited about that.

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 5:11am
post #15 of 19

I'm busier than ever! I don't have time off until after September! I NEED a tan! icon_sad.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:25pm
post #16 of 19

It must just be Ohio sunlover... I am having the busiest month ever right now. August is full too - I took Sept. off to go on vacation then. I am thankful that I am busy, I hope you all pick up soon.

diane706 Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:31pm
post #17 of 19

I'm movin' to Ohio!! icon_lol.gif I'm glad you guys are busy!

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 10 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm
post #18 of 19

June was super busy for me but July is not so busy. Last year this time I couldn't get out to do anything fun!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:40am
post #19 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbn

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane706

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing lol

One of my Mom's friends is a florist and she said that last year she had weddings coming out the ying yang. Booked solid with multiple weddings from April through to the end of October, but this year is very quiet for her too.

Hopefully the orders start to come in for everyone icon_smile.gif I only do a few cakes, but I get to do my first wedding cake for July 24th so I'm excited about that.

I work at Sam's Club. 'Nuff said.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%