Wilton Pillow Pan Question.....

Decorating By vickylara2004 Updated 16 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm by tesso

vickylara2004 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 4

Will the WASC recipe be firm enough for the Wilton Pillow Cake pan? I'm needing to make this for a customer and I don't want my cake to start settling and have the fondant start buckling on the bottom half of the pillow. Can anyone give me any pointers on the best way to acheive a nice firm pillow??? Please?! icon_confused.gif

3 replies
Geechigirl Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 4:11am
post #2 of 4

I have not used that recipe but I made a cake using those pans. I use a cake mix base that I add things to and the cake turned out beautiful.

meri1028 Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 2:52pm
post #3 of 4

Geechigirl, I bought the pans and I am making a pillow cake for a bridal shower. I thought the pans would save me some time. When you baked your cake did you find the corners were dry? I'm concerned about the corners drying out and still getting the center of the cake cooked well, even with the heating core.

Thanks!

tesso Posted 16 Jul 2010 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 4

I had considered the pans, too. I posted here first and most people said they didnt like the pans because they were too dry on the outside, because it took so long to bake, to get the center done. I elected not to buy the pans, and just carve the pillows. It is still a work in progress for me. But that is why they call it practicing. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%