Carrot Cupcakes Recipe

Baking By dreyna16 Updated 14 Jul 2010 , 1:53am by dreyna16

dreyna16 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:45pm
post #1 of 5

Does anybody know about a good carrot cupcake recipe? I wanted to try this for the first time and want something simple and very moist. Any suggestions? In the recipe section only found carrot cake recipes but wanted something that can be baked as cupcakes.

4 replies
agraham225 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 5

hey, in martha stewarts cooking school bakingbook, she has a carrot ginger cupcake. I omit the ginger(not my preference) and it turns out to be a moist "spice" carrot cake. It also doesnt have any pineapple or nuts in it. Just an idea.

2/3 cup (2 ounces) pecan halves
6 carrots (about 7 1/2 ounces), peeled
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/4 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Read more at Carrot-Ginger Cupcakes and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on

ALVARGA Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 2:20am
post #3 of 5 can use any cake recipe to make cupcakes. I use my carrot cake recipe to make cupcakes all the time. I have customers that prefer the carrot cake cupcakes because of the portion size. Hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gif

Gingoodies Posted 11 Jul 2010 , 10:05pm
post #4 of 5

I also use my standard carrot cake recipe. Makes a great cupcake.

dreyna16 Posted 14 Jul 2010 , 1:53am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the sggestions. I made Martha Stewart recipe with a slight change and it was pretty moist and everybody loved it. I used half of the recipe but in the future I would decrease the amount of oil. It was too greasy for my taste especially on the next day.

Quote by @%username% on %date%