"beater Blade"

Decorating By SwtCanuck Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm by luddroth

SwtCanuck Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 18

You know those gadgets you see in the kitchen store and you think if you buy it, it will be the answer to all your questions. Then you get it home and it completely sucks, doesn't work like it is supposed to and it ends up just sitting in your drawer or in the next garage sale. Well I saw the Beater Blade and just had to buy one. I didn't think it would be as fantastic as it said but it was!! I had to make 10 batches of icing for this weekend and breezed right through them without having to stop and scrape the bowl. If you have a kitchen aid I highly recommend getting one. Happy Baking!! icon_smile.gif

17 replies
ddaigle Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:34pm
post #2 of 18

I broke my beater blade using it for icing. I like the beater blade but only use for cake batter. I need the steel mamojamma blade for my butter cream. I do like the fact that the beater blade gets all the way to the bottom of the bowl.

luddroth Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 18

Hey, thanks, SwtCanuck -- I've been eyeing those things and wondering about them. I think I'll give it a go on your say-so...

carmijok Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwtCanuck

You know those gadgets you see in the kitchen store and you think if you buy it, it will be the answer to all your questions. Then you get it home and it completely sucks, doesn't work like it is supposed to and it ends up just sitting in your drawer or in the next garage sale. Well I saw the Beater Blade and just had to buy one. I didn't think it would be as fantastic as it said but it was!! I had to make 10 batches of icing for this weekend and breezed right through them without having to stop and scrape the bowl. If you have a kitchen aid I highly recommend getting one. Happy Baking!! icon_smile.gif




what beater blade are you referring to? I have a KA.

moonbabel Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 18

i have one and love it for icing and batter. i had to adjust my KA to get it to fit just right, but once it gets going it is great!! no more lump of dry ingredients at the bottom of the bowl ever again!

BlakesCakes Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:42pm
post #6 of 18

I have the Beater Blade for my KA Pro 600 and I LOVE it!

I can lower the bowl just a bit and get all the icing up to the rim--no more stopping and scraping. I like the way it creams my butter and shortening, too!

Best $30 I've ever spent on a "gadget"!

Rae3

floursifter Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:52pm
post #7 of 18

I only bake for my family and a few friends but I would not be without my beater blade for my KA. Use it for both batter and icing. Best thing since sliced bread.

newmansmom2004 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:53pm
post #8 of 18

I LOVE my beater blade. Got it from a friend for Christmas and it's the only one I use unless I need a whip. I love not having to stop every couple minutes to scrape the sides.

SwtCanuck Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:35pm
post #9 of 18

carmijok,
Look up Beater Blade online and see where you can buy them locally or online. It is a paddle/spatula made for Kitchen Aid mixers. I really was amazed at how well it worked and how I didn't have to stop to scrape the bowl once.

Kitagrl Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:43pm
post #10 of 18

The yellow professional Beater Blade won't break, even using it on cookie dough.... the clear one does break really easily.

They are under warranty though so if you break one, they'll replace it.

cattycornercakes Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:54pm
post #11 of 18

Thats IT! I'm gettin one! I see Bed Bath and Beyond carry it...I'll just use my 20% off coupon!

artscallion Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:07pm
post #12 of 18

There's also the SideSwipe. Same idea, different details. I like it because the tabs are angled down, so it continually moves the mixture to the bottom of the bowl, rather than it riding up the sides.

http://www.sideswipeblade.com/

DianeLM Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:21pm
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaigle

I broke my beater blade using it for icing. I like the beater blade but only use for cake batter. I need the steel mamojamma blade for my butter cream. I do like the fact that the beater blade gets all the way to the bottom of the bowl.




My beater blade didn't break, but my 7 qt. Viking complained A LOT. I'm back to using the metal beater for my icing, but I do like the beater blade for other stuff.

DianeLM Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:24pm
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by artscallion

There's also the SideSwipe. Same idea, different details. I like it because the tabs are angled down, so it continually moves the mixture to the bottom of the bowl, rather than it riding up the sides.

http://www.sideswipeblade.com/



Crap. I wish I had gotten this one instead. Although I didn't check to see if there's one that will fit my 7 qt. Viking. I'll just believe it doesn't exist so I won't feel so bad about it. icon_wink.gif

I find that the beater blade does push everything upward until the blade isn't even touching the stuff any more. I have to stop and push it back down into the bowl. On the plus side, it does push everything up very cleanly! haha

neecerator Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:32pm
post #15 of 18

In using the Beater Blade or the Side Swipe, do you need to adjust the height of your beater. And if so, how do you do that properly?

neecerator Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm
post #16 of 18

Be aware that I was told that these after market and non-KA accessories, make your warranties null and void. Just something to think about.

KristyJ1976 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:43pm
post #17 of 18

I bought one from kitchenkrafts.com and I love it. I use it all of the time when making my buttercream. I did notice that Meijer's is now carrying them.

luddroth Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:40pm
post #18 of 18

Doesn't KA make one? If not, they certainly should.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%