How Ealy To Bake Cupcakes And Frost?

Baking By Kbergmanjohnson Updated 21 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm by HarrietBakes

Kbergmanjohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kbergmanjohnson Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 11:45am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I know this has been asked before. I have an order for 250 cupcakes. Can I bake them on Wednesday night or Thursday and start to decorate and finish on Friday for a Sunday wedding. I may be going out of town on Saturday and want to have everything done. Would they stay fresher in a plastic container versus a box? Thanks for your help.

4 replies
msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:24pm
post #2 of 5

I always bake early and freeze everything. Then I thaw them in the fridge. I keep them in a plastic container as well.
I think your time line is fine. They will still stay very fresh.

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 12:41pm
post #3 of 5

How does your cake recipe stand up over 4-5 days. Does it taste just as fresh and good on day 4 or 5 as day 1?

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 5

I use doctored cake mix. I baked an order (about 3 doz) on a Wed & they were served on a Sat. Normally I bake the day before, so i really held my breath...but she said everyone raved about them! I ate some I had left at home and they tasted good. They were not frozen-I was too worried about the temp/moisture changes that would cause & the effect on the liners. I just had them loosely covered at room temp. Good luck-

HarrietBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HarrietBakes Posted 21 Jul 2010 , 2:17pm
post #5 of 5

You shouldn't keep cake in a plastic container as they don't let the air circulate. They won't keep well without air, surprisingly. I'd go for a box. Hence why all the professionals use cardboard boxes to sell/transport cakes. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%