Sturdy Cake

Decorating By Shauntai Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm by Shauntai

Shauntai Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 10:54am
post #1 of 4

I'm making a wizards of waverly place cake and I need it to be sturdy enough to hold fondant, but here's the catch it needs to be made with white cake mix because they have requested a funfetti cake and I couldn't find one in the box so I had to find a recipe to make my own. I just think that it's to fluffy to hold up to the fondant. Not too sure how to make it sturdy enough. Any and all help is appreciated

3 replies
CWR41 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 4

White wedding cakes hold up just fine under fondant. I wouldn't worry about your white cake mix doing the same--it's not like you're trying to cover angel food cake with fondant. Keep in mind, if you're carving/sculpting a cake that's more than 4" tall, you'll need to use a support system to prevent it from collapsing.

mgigglin Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 4

Sounds like the WASC would be great for what you need and just throw in some rainbow jimmies icon_smile.gif Good luck!!

Shauntai Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:19pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! I feel a lot better now...just a lot of worrying for nothing. I'm pretty new to this and I thought all cakes covered with fondant had to be either pound cake or sponge...so that's really good to know

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%