Victorian Frame Mold

Decorating By Esthersimkin Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 5:42pm by DianeLM

Esthersimkin Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 6:05am
post #1 of 4

In the Cake Central Magazine Wedding Cake Issue on page 120-121 there is a lovely cake by Ron Ben Israel with a Victorian or Baroque oval frame surrounding a monogram (see attached picture). Can anyone tell me if this frame is a mold I can purchase? Or was it done in royal icing and then painted? I've looked all over for this mold and cannot find it....? icon_sad.gif

3 replies
DianeLM Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 4

Global Sugar Art has a nice selection of frame molds. I particularly like the Cel Shapes molds because you can design the frames and make them any size or shape you want.

I used the Cel Shapes molds to make the frames on this cake:

Rylan Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 4:21pm
post #3 of 4

Also, keep in note that Ron usually uses custom molds--although I have seen similar molds like that at Chef Rubber. You can also try combining different molds together, making it look like one piece.

Diane, thanks for sharing the product. I want that now, haha.

DianeLM Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 5:42pm
post #4 of 4

Diane, thanks for sharing the product. I want that now, haha.

We're terrible influences on each other, aren't we? hehehe

I'm just glad I ordered both molds at the same time, otherwise I'd always be wondering what I was missing. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%