Fondant Variations

Baking By artscallion Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 1:47am by mamawrobin

artscallion Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:40am
post #1 of 2

I generally use MFF, but I suppose these could work for any fondant recipe. I know, how can you improve on the perfection that is MFF? But, I have discovered, over time, some variations to the best tasting fondant around. So I thought I'd share them and see if anyone else had any they'd like to share.

1. Gingerbread fondant. This is the first one I discovered. I was covering a gingerbread cake and thought I'd try something. I added all of the gingerbread spices to the PS (cinnamon, ginger, etc) and I replaced half of the corn syrup with molasses. Out of this world!!!

2. Maple. I substituted maple syrup for half of the corn syrup and substituted maple flavored non-dairy creamer for the milk. This is out of this world over maple buttercream on a nice white cake.

3. White chocolate~peppermint. I made The white chocolate variation of MFF as described in her recipe. I used 1 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp vanilla. I substituted white chocolate~peppermint non-dairy creamer for the milk. This combination is a favorite of mine...the sharpness of the peppermint against the smoothness of the white chocolate. Great on Christmas cakes!

1 reply
mamawrobin Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:47am
post #2 of 2

Thanks for sharing. thumbs_up.gif I'm sure that you know that I'm a huge fan of Michele's fondant recipe especially the white chocolate version. I don't have anything to "share" but I'm certainly willing to try what you and any others may suggest. Your variations sound yummy btw thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%