Can Mmf Be Kneaded By Machine Like Bread Dough?

Baking By cakeguypa Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 2:33pm by Win

cakeguypa Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 7

I read the instructions and watched the video for making MMF and wondered if anybody has tried kneading it in a KitchenAid with a dough hook like bread is kneaded? Looks do-able for a batch or two but not as easy for large or involved cakes. THANKS!!

6 replies
Win Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome to CC!

I do it that way every time I make it. I grease the bowl very well, add some of the powdered sugar (if the recipe calls for 4 lbs, I probably add about three, then add the hot liquid and start kneading. When the fondant is clinging to the dough hook, I remove the bowl, dump it out onto an already well greased surface and knead in the rest of the powdered sugar. I find this way it does not bog the engine down.

Hope that helps, and happy caking!

tweeter_bug98 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 7

I have only made MMF twice, but both times I used my dough hook for the KA--worked great! I also lightly oiled the KA bowl and hook to prevent sticking.

kansaslaura Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 7

Me three! It's the only way I make MMF!!

cakeguypa Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:07pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the info! Now I can't wait to give this a try.

Cindy619 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:10pm
post #6 of 7

What? You mean I broke a sweat last night making my MMF for nothing??? If only I had read this yesterday... I'm definitely going to try using the KA next time!

Win Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:33pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy619

What? You mean I broke a sweat last night making my MMF for nothing??? If only I had read this yesterday... I'm definitely going to try using the KA next time!

Ah, yes, come to the "no-sweat" side! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%