Frozen Buttercream Transfer

Decorating By mhuerta Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm by TexasSugar

mhuerta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhuerta Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 6

help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to do this for a bday cake this weekend i saw a tutorial on here a few days ago but now i cant find it icon_sad.gif please send me the link also how long can it stay frozen if i make it today or tommorrow and needed for sat? please please help asap thanks

5 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 6

Here is the tutorial: http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

As for how long it can stay frozen for. I've seen varying thoughts from 24 hours to a week or more. I think it depends on how well your cover it when storing in the freezer. Although I haven't done one, I would say 2-3 days should be ok, just cover it well (maybe put in a plastic bag, while still on the board).

mhuerta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhuerta Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 6

thanks but by anychance do you know how long they can stay in the freezer?

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:00am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACaketoRemember

thanks but by anychance do you know how long they can stay in the freezer?

I think that's what she meant when she said 2-3 days. I wouldn't keep it in there any longer than that, especially uncovered. All the random odors from your freezer are going to soak up into it.

If you haven't done one before, I'd recommend doing a practice one, since there's a little bit of a learning curve involved.

Good luck icon_smile.gif

Children Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Children Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:25am
post #5 of 6

Overnight is fine. I've never had to leave one in longer than that. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:16pm
post #6 of 6

You can leave it in there for days or more. Just make sure that you cover the transfer very well after it is frozen with plastic wrap or put it in a zip lock bag so it can't pick up odors.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%