Are You A... Poker, Toothpicker, Knifer Or I Just Know When

Decorating By HobbyCaker Updated 8 Jul 2010 , 3:36am by cheriej

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:19am
post #31 of 39

indydebi- Just noticed that you have been on CC for 4 years today! Congrats and thanks for all your great advice!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:24am
post #32 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

indydebi- Just noticed that you have been on CC for 4 years today! Congrats and thanks for all your great advice!

Wow, I had no idea! 4 years? Seems like I've been a part of this site forever ...... and a part of me is saying "4 years? already? wow!"

Trivia time: 25,100 posts in 4 years = 6275 posts per year = An avg of 17.19 posts per day. every. day. icon_eek.gif

Geesh ... I really gotta get a life! icon_lol.gif It's all you guy's fault! All of you make this site so much dang fun!! thumbs_up.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:35am
post #33 of 39

I always know by smell.

samiam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samiam22 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 1:52am
post #34 of 39

Way to Go IndyDebi..Thank you for all of you responses that we have read and learned from ( even when you don't know we are here reading and grasping every juicy morsel..tee hee )..Keep on Posting!!
I use a combination of timer,cake tester and the delicious smell of the WASC to know when it is done. Mine are usually closer to 55 min at 325 but I tend to use the 3"pans.

Addie2580 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Addie2580 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:14am
post #35 of 39

I use wooden skewers, and to avoid missplacing it, I bought some magnets, some flowers and hot glue @ Michael's. The magnet, so I can put it on the side of the fridge, and the flower to make it prety, lol. But I have to say, my nose knows when the cake is ready.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 2:59am
post #36 of 39

I stick 'em with a fork when I can smell that they're done!

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:17am
post #37 of 39

I set a timer, then reset the timer and reset the timer until it looks done. If I don't keep setting the timer, I'll forget to check again because the kids will have me distracted with something! When it looks done, I check with a toothpick.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:33am
post #38 of 39

Toothpick if I just have to poke it, but normally I can touch the top and know if it is done.

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 8 Jul 2010 , 3:36am
post #39 of 39

definitely start off with the timer, but then i used to use a wooden toothpick coupled with the touch the top and see if it springs back method. But I was using too many toothpicks so I did buy the Wilton Cake Tester - I love it. And no more used toothpicks everywhere. I put it in a plastic baggie in a drawer with my measuring spoons so it doesn't get lost.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%