Pink And Country Wedding Shower

Decorating By sweetbn Updated 9 Jul 2010 , 4:24pm by sweetbn

sweetbn Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 8:59pm
post #1 of 5

I have a 6" square cake for Friday with 40 cupcakes for a wedding shower. The only direction I was given was pink, country and "I trust what ever you do will be fine". I'm very worried this is going to look very juvenile if not done properly but all I can think of is either painting it plaid and making the border to look like a belt (like I have seen on cc). Or making some type of fence around the cake and placing some ribbon wrap roses and maybe a set of cowboy boots some place on the cake and making a lasso to look like a couple of hearts?

Also, the cupcakes should they be just a pink swirl on the top or made to look like flowers? I have no idea.

Any other ideas?? Please icon_smile.gif TIA

4 replies
adamsmom Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 5

I think that I'd do something that's maybe a pink plaid with a set of cowboy boots. Sounds cute. As for the cupcakes, if you are able to, I'd do a pink swirl on 1/2 of the cupcakes and the other 1/2 I'd do either a chocolate flavor or a brown color if they don't want chocolate icing. If they want flowers on it, then I'd do flowers on 1/2 of the cupcakes in pink. HTH!

Lcubed82 Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 5

What about light soft pink with a brown paisley design, maybe just around the edge, like the border of a bandana? You could do the cupcakes pink, with a gumpaste paisley shape perched in the swirl.

Kitagrl Posted 7 Jul 2010 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 5

I agree with the bandana look!!!

Unless she means like a "folk art" the stitching and home-made wooden decorations and the metal stars, that sort of thing.

sweetbn Posted 9 Jul 2010 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the ideas! I just sent the cake with the customer, it's got a long ride ahead. They loved it! I will post the pictures in my gallery shortly. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%